Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Juju57
New Contributor
New Contributor

I hate Optus Email, I also hate My Optus Account

I hate Optus Email Email it is so unnecessarily convoluted and the storage data is so limited, but WTF when you mainly use mobile devices when you delete on your devices it doesn’t delete from the server, so before you know it you are over your data limit and then have to go through some convoluted process to delete the emails or you just stop getting emails. I can’t do this anymore it’s a waste of my time repeatedly to sort this issue out. Im just looking at going else where. There are none of these issues with Telstra. What a fool to move to Optus. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tuong_YC

Re: I hate Optus Email, I also hate My Optus Account

Hey @Juju57, its certainly not great to see you feel this way and so I have gone ahead and flagged your message as feedback onto the relevant teams for review.

Just to provide some clarity Optus email accounts, do come at a capacity of 100MB. Once you reach this limit, all incoming emails will be halted till more space is made.

Whilst I can empathise that this process can take some time my best recommendation from here, would be to clear any unwanted emails, including those in your spam folders and your email functions should restore soon after.

Nonetheless though, we are always looking to better our customer experience and so our teams will look into your feedback. Thanks for that 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Juju57  You are better to setup a Gmail, Microsoft or Yahoo email account. That way way you no issues if you change internet providers.

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

You shouldn't use RSP provided emails. They made sense back when they were the only option but they are only provided these days to trap customers (i.e. many customers won't leave because its too painful losing their email address - which you will the moment you leave Optus)

These days gmail services are much more powerful, secure, feature rich, spam free, family friendly and best of all 100% portable. You can also (optionally) pay $2 a month to get access to much more data etc.

Suggest you set one up now. Import and redirect your Optus email address to the gmail one. Take the time to update various sites with the new gmail address as well as contacts etc. and you should quickly see most emails now arriving direct rather than via Optus.

I'd also suggest you look at more options than the big two. Telstra is actually discontinuing their email offering. There are plenty of very good NBN providers that offer performance and price without all the bloat (mandatory modems, signup fees, FetchTV, Landline phone calls, Sports packages, etc.). Have a look at say Superloop, Aussie Broadband or Future Broadband.
Top Contributors