Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I got an SMS saying I subscribed to smartvirus

Hi there I got an SMS saying I suscribed to smart virus for $6.99 per month subscription. I did not. They claim they will deduct money from my next phone bill. I actually SMS back the stop but it says it's going to charge me. Like what is going on I don't even know what this is. Why does Optus allow this to happen to its customers and collects money for them. Can someone help me from Optus like bar this scam company and dispute to get my money back? I read on the other forums I want my premium SMS put to $0. I wasn't even aware of this until I googled this number they wrote in the text to call if i need help

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: I got an SMS saying I subscribed to smartvirus

thats correct you need to set your psms spending limit to zero, call optus 133937

if also happen that you have been charge, optus can help you file a complaint to the third party provided who charge you and ask for refund

this usually acquire by accidentally click ADS on free aps, website, facebook and other internet link

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply markdenis. Thanks very much for your help and I will call optus on Monday to sort this out. I suspect that this might be the case on how it got me suscribed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey Vonnie, how did you go with this? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I called optus up and they sent a dispute then I got a refund. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

OK, glad to hear it's since been resolved. Hope you have a great week. Pete

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos