Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
cottoncandy
New Contributor
New Contributor

I got a billing message but the written account number is different from mine

I checked my optus app after I got that message because I remember that the billing date and account number was clearly different compared to that text. I don't even have a multiple account. Why is this happened?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Aman_YC

Re: I got a billing message but the written account number is different from mine

Hi @ COTTONCANDY -  Sorry for the confusion. 

Please only refer to My account or My Optus App to check your balance or payments.

If you want us to check this account number then please contact messaging us via the My Optus App.  The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then Optus on Facebook or on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: I got a billing message but the written account number is different from mine

Its spam (and a phishing scam). Millions of SMS sent. A few end up at Optus customers that don't check the numbers and just pay the bill. Usually sent to a fake login address so your Optus login and password can also be stolen.

As always, ignore any emails with links or comments to pay money of login to websites.