Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Re: I can't recharge by my credit card

Hey guys, I'll get this sent through now 🙂 It'll take a few business days to be sorted. Gen

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor MickS
New Contributor

I have the same situation for over a month now. I get the same error message

"Unfortunately our Credit Card and PayPal recharge services are no longer allowed for this number. Remember you can buy recharges at any of these outlets: Optus Yes Stores, Coles, Woolworths, Australia Post, 7-Eleven and most petrol stations."

I can sometimes recharge through the MyOptus App (using the same credit card as online) but it's not consistent (works sometimes then fails to work at other times). The online recharge by logging in to the Optus site never works at all now. I have tried clearing cookies and using different browsers all without any success. The credit card is fine, there's nothing wrong with it and I use it all the time.

I'm not interested in using vouchers either. I've got a number of prepaid family mobiles and iPads on this account. If it can't be fixed I might try PayPal but if it's vouchers I'm going to have to go.

0 Kudos
Contributor flippenz
Contributor

Gen_R

Hey guys, I'll get this sent through now Smiley Happy It'll take a few business days to be sorted. Gen

Hi Gen

It is now 8th April 2017. It has been 18 business days since you sent this through to who knows where and still no response or resolution from anyone. It has now been over 3 months and still nothing.

Got a number from optus shop which was supposed to take me to someone who could help, but it was just to the overseas call centre again which was a waste of time. The woman kept on insisting it was a credit card issue. She couldn't understand that it had nothing to do with a credit card. I asked her to go to the prepay site and enter the phone number to see what message she got but she advised that they are not allowed to.

Can somebody explain how it is a credit card issue when a credit card number has not been entered.

As stated previously if you don't know how to fix this issue unlock my phone (your site says the phone is unlocked but it isn't) and I will go elsewhere or I will lodge  a complaint with the TIO as this is utterly ridiculous.

New Contributor firstname
New Contributor

Hi flippenz - thanks for this thread and keeping us up to date. I've been having a similar battle with Optus support last few days. Seems like it will be worth the effort to unlock my phone and switch. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator PhilC
RetiredModerator

Hi @firstname if you'd like any help with your account please feel free to PM the full name, number and date of birth attached to your services here →http://yesopt.us/pmphil 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor flippenz
Contributor

Hi PhilC

I have supplied all the info you are requesting from @firstname and the response from optus has been to completely ignore and not bother responding.

Customer support from optus does not exist.

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

I'm sorry to hear that @flippenz 😞 

I can't seem to see a PM from you.

You're most welcome to send one through to me & I'd be happy to look into this for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor flippenz
Contributor

Update:

Would appear that optus are recycling mobile numbers where the previous owner owes money to optus and that is probably why recharges can't be done online.

Received an sms from optus addressed to someone else saying his payment had been assigned to Baycorp who are debt collectors.

0 Kudos
New Contributor firstname
New Contributor

Just want to thank you for your efforts at keeping this thread updated, flippenz.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Strubbe93
New Contributor

I know this is a long shot being a year later but has either one of you had any fix? Seems like this problem is quite common now yet nobody from Optus seems to want to help out with this. Pretty awful experience this has been

0 Kudos
Top Contributors