Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor SallyChoi0307
New Contributor

I can't recharge by my credit card

I just tried to recharge my number using my credit card.

I also ve tried it after 24 hours but still cant work
I did it a few times and it always gave me this message:

Unfortunately our Credit Card and PayPal recharge services are no longer allowed for this number.
Remember you can buy recharges at any of these outlets:
Optus Yes Stores, Coles, Woolworths, Australia Post, 7-Eleven and most petrol stations.

It's very uncomportable to buy boucher everytime.
Are there any options for me?

0 Kudos
39 Replies
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: I can't recharge by my credit card

unfortunately the only options is to buy vouchers, as this is an issue with your bank for security purposes, usually it will be ok the followng month

Contributor flippenz
Contributor

I have the same problem with a phone that I have had for a week. It is not an issue with the bank or credit card. It is an Optus issue, which reading through these forums has been happening for at least the last three years. I have spoken to support who were going to eascalate and be back within 24 hours but nothing as yet. I am not interested in running to a shop every timr I need a recharge to buy a voucher. If Optus can't resolve then unlock my phone and I will go with another carrier.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @flippenz, were there any occurances of you having entered any of the details incorrectly i,e the security code of the credit credit? If there's been multiple unsuccessful attempts at recharging the service - a temporary block may be placed to avoid the possibility of fraud. Have you attempted a recharge using the Optus application? Does the issue occur using multiple debit/credit cards? Have you also attempted resetting your browsers cookies/cache? Dan 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor flippenz
Contributor

Hi Dan

It is not a credit card issue. I can't even get to the screen to enter CC details.

The following message comes up as soon as I enter the mobile number and select any of the payment methods.

Unfortunately our Credit Card and PayPal recharge services are no longer allowed for this number.
      Remember you can buy recharges at any of these outlets:
      Optus Yes Stores, Coles, Woolworths, Australia Post, 7-Eleven and most petrol stations.

The only payment method that I can select is vouchers or gift cards.

This is my son's phone and is the first recharge attempt. I can recharge my phone with no issues. Have also tried the optus app with no joy.
Flippenz

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Thanks flippenz 🙂 

Sorry for the confusion, as it's the first recharge this is something our system has in place to protect the credit card you're using. 

I'd recommend recharging with a voucher first, once you've done a voucher recharge and used the service you'll then be able to recharge using a credit card online.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor flippenz
Contributor

Seriously!

If it is "protecting" my credit card then why can't I recharge thru paypal or internet banking?

Is your website misleading it's customers?

From you website Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Moderator Vicky

Not at all @flippenz - all our listed online methods are available to be used to recharge your service, however the very first one may require a manual recharge via a voucher. As Marie has advised, all subsequent recharges can be done online and there shouldn't be any issues at all.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor flippenz
Contributor

Hi Marie

I still cannot recharge the phone online and get the same message. In your reply you stated after the 1st voucher recharge it would work in future.

No Go!.

I am not interested in purchasing a voucher each month.

Either Optus fix the problem which according to this forum has been happening for years or unlock my phone.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Are you able to send us a PM with the full name, account number and date of birth on the account and we can escalate this for you? We'll raise the issue with our Online Payments team to have the card unlocked so you can recharge online in the future. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors