cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor w18
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to port a phone number from Amaysim to Optus. After 11days, still nothing happens.

I am trying to port a phone number from Amaysim to Optus. After 11 days, nothing happens.

1) I activated the new sim card on Mon 3/9/18 using online live chat and it was supposed to happen within 4 hours. Nothing happens.

2) Then I rang Optus on Wed 5/9/18 and was given a reference number and supposed to be OK within 24 hours. Nothing happens.

3) I rang Optus again on Thur 6/9/18 and was given another reference number. It was supposed to be OK within 24 hours. Nothing happens. The guy reassured me that he would ring me back after 4 hours to make sure that the number has been ported successfully. No followed up call as promised.

4) I rang Optus again on Thur 13/9/18 (Yes, another week passed!!!) and repeated my story twice as I was transferred again and AGAIN!! I spent another 39 minutes on the phone and the Optus guy said he would try to contact the complain depatment and he would ring me back in one hour as he did not want to keep me on the phone any longer. I was given another reference number. Of course, he did not ring back. He just want to get me off the phone!!

What now Optus?? If you cannot port me through, tell me so and release me from the 12 months contract I have signed so that I can look elsewhere. Meantime, Amaysim has automatically renewed me for another 28 days on 11/9/18 and I have to pay for the whole 28days for Amaysim even porting is successful in the middle of the 28 days period. I have requested to port the number on 3/9/18 and due to Optus's incapability, I lose out on money and time and still could not see the light at the other end of the tunnel.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Moderator Shauna

Re: I am trying to port a phone number from Amaysim to Optus. After 11days, still nothing happens.

Hey @w18 - thanks for getting in touch with us. Certainly sounds like you've had a very frustrating experience. 
Can you please confirm you mobile number, full name and DOB via private message? Let's take a look into this. Shauna

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor w18
Occasional Contributor

Re: I am trying to port a phone number from Amaysim to Optus. After 11days, still nothing happens.

Today is the 15th day. Still no sign of success in porting!!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors