Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Khdownes
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am on $40 a month sim only plan but am only getting 7gb of data

I have been on the $40 a month sim only plan for a few years now.

The Optus website says this plan should currently come with 15gb of data per month.

I just got an SMS from optus that says I've used 7gb of data and will now be charged $10 per extra gb I use.

My girlfriend is on the same plan, and hers automatically updated to the new data limit when it was introduced, so I don't know why mine hasn't.

I've tried logging into my account and updating the plan, but there doesn't seem to be an option to do this (also a lot of the pages in the "my account" section just don't load properly on mobile), and I've tried calling Optus, but I keep getting the message "were really busy, call back another time"

0 Kudos
1 Reply
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: I am on $40 a month sim only plan but am only getting 7gb of data

You should be able to buy the plan online. When you sign up, say to use your old number and that will nuke the old account. Use someone's PC, not a phone.

>>My girlfriend is on the same plan, and hers automatically updated to the new data limit when it was introduced, so I don't know why mine hasn't.

I know people who can apply for new plans in their sleep, and swear blind they did nothing. I know someone who had a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 in the cupboard and forgot where it came from.