Searching...

Mobile

Huge Data Bill

Casjsa

How come, all of a sudden, we are getting texts telling us we're using 1gb of download PER DAY when our phones say we haven't even used the first 2gb on our monthly plan?

Secondly, why is it almost impossible to talk to someone at Optus?  Unbelievable.

Re: Huge Data Bill

SamSam

When you say your phones say you haven't, what do you mean? As in the Optus App isn't reflecting this? Or the built in data usage monitor on iPhones and Android now?

Secondly, a lot of people talk about problems contact Optus but I never seem to have a problem. My preference is live chat though, have you tried that? - http://yesopt.us/chat2us 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

petergdownload

As mentioned have you set on phone (local) data warnings and limits?

Also what does the SMS say exactly? Usually data warnings mention 50% of allowance etc.? 

You may also check out custom warning levels under MYACOUNT in Optus. They should be disabled as they'll provide incorrect prompts otherwise.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Magpe16

Hi. Teah, I supposedly used 15gb in my sleep in 2 hours last night, and do you think I can even get a Live Chat link to work? No. More than bitter and twisted with these thieves. 

Magpe16

All I got from that link was a little gif file. 

JordanOptus

Hey Magpe16, if a large amount of data has been used in a short time frame it can often delay usage alerts by up to 48 hours. There's a chance it could also just be an error due to system changes. That's an old link but you'll be able to get onto them here.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
75 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos