Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Beano2
New Contributor
New Contributor

Huawei Y6 2018 unlock

I have had a prepaid Huawei Y6 for 10 months and spent over $80.  When I fill in the unlock form and submit I get a message which says no unlock code available.  I don't even get an opportunity to pay for an unlock code. Could the phone already be unlocked?

Regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Huawei Y6 2018 unlock

Hey there Beano2,

Where did you get your Huawei Y6 from? Do you still have the box it came in? If so, does it say it is network locked?

If you have access to one you can simply insert a non Optus SIM into it to determine whether it is locked or not.

If you do try this and it does indicate it is network locked, next step would be to contact Optus as they may need to follow up with Huawei for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Beano2
New Contributor
New Contributor

I bought the phone from Woolworths in the Gold Coast. I have tried another SIM and it is locked.
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Beano2
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus is working on it. Live Chat worked extremely well.
Beano2
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus still working on it after 5 months.  

0 Kudos