Searching...

Mobile

Huawei P9

Lxndr

When will the Huawei P9 get an update to 7.0, because there has been one since the start of march but I've seen nothing from this end? It's a bit disappointing from my opinion as a paying customer...

Re: Huawei P9

[ Edited ]
Aman_B

Hi @Lxndr, apologies for the delay with the upgrade but we are still waiting for the firmware.  Once Optus receives this we'll test it and release it online. You can keep a track of the updates here → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Android-Software-Updates-20-04-2017/ba-p/208070

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

mstock

Hi I have the emui 5.0 version EVA-L09C636B380 and andoid 7.0 .. when will wi-fi calling be enabled please same as others have patchy cell coverage at home and home zone is basically defunct.. and please DONT say yes the wifi app... i have a iphone 6 for my wife and wifi calling works well.

Huawei has released wifi calling for EE in the UK for a while whne can we get the update to enable wifi calling on the p9..

Thanks

Tris

No info on WiFi calling will be available for that particular handset I'm afraid. At this stage we're supporting selected iPhone and Samsung Galaxy models. The networks team are working to add more options, worth pointing out it will most likely be restricted to hardware we're offering though as it can be hard in regards to testing otherwise. Feel free to check back for updates 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

mstock

Hi

Optus is one if no the premium partner of Huawei.... and you provide the P9 handsets 

Http:\\www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/phones/huawei/p9

The nougat update is officially released and downloading... so my question again is can you please talk to your teams and huawei and get an update on this... being an EX home zone user that I used to work from home and wifi talk is basically useless, please can you get the update to wifi calling released...  

Thank

Tris

My appologies @mstock, I thought when you'd said emui, you were referring to a different model. I'm still unable to provide you with a time frame though. If it becomes available, the list of compatible devices will be updated. I can assure you the relevant teams are working to make WiFi calling to as many of our customers as we can. Thanks for your patience 

[ Edited ]
arizawa

Can you provide an update on the release of the latest firmware? I was in contact with Huawei Australia 3 months ago and they said the firmware was released to the networks for testing and release.

My wife and I have identical Optus Huawei P9's and we both experience issues whereby Turing on Bluetooth sometimes freezes our phones and when connecting to some WiFi networks they send and receive data intermittently. 

Please advise. 

Hannah-L

Hey @arizawa, apologies for the delay in response. Have you checked the link Amandeep send before? Just in case here is the link again with more information on Android System updates. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
131 Kudos
127 Kudos
99 Kudos
86 Kudos
56 Kudos