Searching...

Mobile Products & Network

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Huawei P20 Pro

Pommster

Hi @Optus, will you be stocking the Huawei P20 Pro at all?

Re: Huawei P20 Pro

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

Be interesting in what they say. ATM it seems only to be at retailers as of today:

The HUAWEI P20 Pro will be available from 18 May 2018 from JB Hi-Fi (Black & Twilight), Mobileciti (Black & Twilight) and Harvey Norman. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

LucyS

Hi @Pommster@petergdownload, I haven't heard of anything yet but I've asked the team here and will let you know what they say Smiley Happy

Solution

LucyS

Hey @Pommster@petergdownload sorry guys we aren't stocking that one Smiley Sad As Peter mentioned though, you can buy from retailers.

Missvae

I'd love for Optus to stock the phone as I'm due to recontract and really want the phone! If it ends up coming out on a plan, I'd jump on it straight away. Fingers crossed it will 🙂

ryballs

I'm very surprised Optus won't be selling this phone on a plan with the amount of hype surrounding it. They are still trying to flog the P10 when P20 and P20 Pro is already available. Come on guys. 

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

@ryballs@Missvae

Seems no Telco is picking it up. I wonder if its got anything to do with the trouble Huawei are in for being a Chinese firm? US bans etc. Either Huawei deciding to snub Australian Telcos or prehaps there's some high level Telco decision not to stock more recent Huawei models?

FWIW there's really only one reason to buy a phone through a Telco plan these days (That is you can't afford to buy it upfront). Generally this will cost you a couple of hundred dollars more doing it that way now. Here's an article on the S9 which is roughly analogus to the P20 in its price points. If you can select a 12M Optus plan (SIM only) and pay off the phone upfront or over a year then your quite a way ahead in flexability and savings.

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
iPhone X now available to order

Stock will be limited.Read More

Top Contributors
35 Kudos
14 Kudos
14 Kudos
12 Kudos
11 Kudos