cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Madhur
New Contributor

Huawei Mate 20 pro Dual Sim Issue

Hi there, 

Recently I bought Huawei Mate 20 Pro on 2 years contract. At the time of purchase I was told that the device is hybrid dual sim ( 1 sim + either second sim/NM card). Today, I tried using second slot for second sim and it does not detect the second sim on my device.  The same sim card works on other devices.  I am wondering if my phone is unlocked or not. I am even not able to open my sim toolkit icon ( It gives a message "SIM toolkit is not available on this SIM card)

Any information/help in this issue would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks

9 Replies
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Re: Huawei Mate 20 pro Dual Sim Issue

Hi @Madhur, sorry to hear there may have been some miscommunication there. The Huawei Mate 20 Pro purchased through Optus does not support Dual SIM compatibility.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor its_dunks
New Contributor

Hi,

I too recently just got this device and was also told that the Dual sim was offered and was disapointed that it's not and that Optus is now buring it's head in the sand.

Is this something that will be introduced at a later stage? Will the e-sim feature at least be offered?

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I can't recall any Optus communication or marketing claiming to have supported dual SIM on Optus.

I wasn't aware of any carriers offering this support - correct me if I'm wrong.

Given its rise in popularity, I'm sure ESIM support will be offered further down the track.

The focus now is on ESIM support for wearable's.  

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor its_dunks
New Contributor

Hi @Dan_C, yeah i can't recall seeing anything either but i don't recall seeing anything saying it wasn't, seeing as the phone when purchased direct from a retailler (JBHIFI, Kogan etc) supports dual sim it seems it's just the Optus model that doesn't so i assumed if it didn't Optus would have specified or at least informed the sales agents.

0 Kudos
New Contributor SteveL
New Contributor

Me too, anyone had a solution from Optus? It is totally misleading the customer.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Please let us know what specifically you need help with @SteveL

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor SteveL
New Contributor

I'd like to know if the Optus Mate 20 Pro version does not support Dual Sim? or only the Optus Sim card does not Dual Sim? Meaning if I use the sim card from other providers, the Mate 20 Pro Optus version still support the Dual Sim?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

No change from the earlier responses I'm afraid. Info about Optus and eSIM can be found here: Number Share: What you need to know

0 Kudos
New Contributor Mrpuppette
New Contributor

Yay 

Optus is now officially as arrogant as telstra !!

Where have the manners gone yes crowd moderators ?

Sell you a phone and limit its options, options which is why one got the phone in the first place.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Top Contributors