Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Pony64
New Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro

The one thing to remember is that if you buy through Optus you get your updates from Optus, if you buy outright from JB hifi or similar you get your updates directly from the manufacturer.  This is the reason i returned by Mate 10 Pro to Optus as it had firmware bugs, they had been fixed by the new firmware from Huawei but Optus had not passed them on in the 3 months i owned the phone and i use my phone in my car all the time and i was unable to use voice dial or have my messages read to me, the P20 worked out of the box.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I get what your saying however I don't have the spare grand laying around to buy outright.

Hopefully Optus updates don't take too long but they do I'll look into de-branding the phone.

0 Kudos
New Contributor CPH79
New Contributor

I am really looking forward to the Mate 20 Pro, the specs look amazing, this will be my 3rd Huawei device and will be keeping an eye on the announcements page. 

Very keen on the rumored 6.9" screen and 4000+ ma battery. Would be happy with either the mate 20 pro or the Honor Note 10.

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I can only sayso much, but definitely keep an eye out @CPH79.

There has been a few reported leaks in the last week. The specs are looking godly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I'm looking forward to it too. You have probably seen the recent Mate 20 Pro specs leaks:

4200-mAh battery that charges to 70% in under 30 min + 15W wireless charging.

3D face unlock, bone conduction voice ID and in-display fingerprint sensor.

6.9-inch curved AMOLED display with 3120 x 1440 resolution.

Wide-angle lens instead of the telephoto found on P20 Pro.

New type of memory card slot called Nano SD.

Kirin 980 7nm processor and 6GB RAM.

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I know I'm probably in the minority but I'm a bit disappointed with the 6.39" screen size of the Mate 20 Pro, especially after most rumours were saying 6.9". Even the non-Pro Mate 20 has a larger display (6.53")! Any chance of the Mate 20 X "gaming phone" being sold by Optus? Here are the specs:

Dimensions85.4 x 174.6 x 8.15 mm
Weight232g
Display7.2-inch, 16.7M colours, OLED, 2244 x 1080
Storage128GB
Memory6GB
ProcessorHUAWEI Kirin 980
GPSGPS (L1 + L5 dual band) / AGPS / Glonass / BeiDou / Galileo (E1 + E5a dual band) / QZSS (L1 + L5 dual band)
Battery5000 mAh
Rear CameraLeica Triple camera with 40 MP (Wide Angle Lens, f/1.8 aperture), 20 MP (Ultra Wide Angle Lens, f/2.2 aperture) and 8 MP (Telephoto, f/2.4 aperture)
Front Camera24 MP with f/2.0 aperture
SensorsGravity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Gyroscope, Compass, Fingerprint Sensor, Hall sensor, laser sensor, Barometer, Infrared sensor, colour temperature sensor
Operating SystemAndroid 9
ColoursPhantom Silver and Midnight Blue
0 Kudos
New Contributor CPH79
New Contributor

I agree. I was hoping for a 6.9" screen on the mate 20 pro. 

Any chance Optus will stock the Huawei Honor Note 10.

I am a bit torn now.... 

0 Kudos
New Contributor amyusa
New Contributor

Gizmodo have put out an article on optus plans, but the optus site itself still has no info, just wanting to see if anyone else had an updates on this? I don't want to have to switch to telstra (or vodafail!) but want to get in and pre-order asap!!

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2018/10/here-are-optus-huawei-mate-20-pro-plans/

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If you're after the Mate 20 Pro plans from Optus, they're here: https://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/phones/huawei/mate20-pro

New Contributor CPH79
New Contributor

Dan_C do you know or know who I can contact to confirm if Optus will be stocking the Huawei Mate 20 X. I was really hoping the mate 20 pro was going to have the 6.9" screen, however I would be really upset if I order the mate 20 pro tomorrow on 24mth plan only to find out the Mate 20 X is coming soon.

Cheers CPH79

0 Kudos