Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Huawei Mate 20 Pro

porcho77

Hi guys,

Anyone know if Optus will be honoring the freebies Huawei is throwing in with the Huawei Mate 20 Pro pre order? They've advertised freebuds with either phone and wireless charge with the 20 pro for anyone who pre orders before oct 31st.
Apparently their sales staff know nothing about it. 

Highlighted

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro

[ Edited ]
ryballs

This promotion is mentioned on Huawei AU website (https://consumer.huawei.com/au/): "Claim your Huawei FreeBuds and Wireless Charger from huaweipromotions.com.au [when you purchase a Mate 20 Pro between] 17th-31st October 2018." If you select pre-order it even lists Optus as a participating retailer.

Edit: I see Vodafone is advertising the promo at https://www.vodafone.com.au/android/huawei-mate20-pro but Optus isn't. Come on guys.. 

porcho77

I'm being told that the wireless charger will be supplied with the Pro but no freebuds. If it's something Huawei is handing out then why is Optus choosing to not supply it?
I'm still online with them so I'll post any more progress. Also emailed Huawei.
At the end of the day I want the phone regardless of what comes with it but if Huawei are supplying the extra accessories as a bonus, I don't understand why Optus would choose not to especially when the competition is doing the right thing and handing over both accessories

porcho77

ok... so pretty much all I got...
"I will take that as feedback and pass it onto the marketing team"

[ Edited ]
ryballs

As this is a Huawei promotion and they list Optus as a pre-order supplier, we should receive the bonus accessories from Huawei regardless of what Optus says. However it's really disappointing that Optus can't confirm this due to being unaware of a nationwide promotion that everyone else seems to know about..

Maybe they should hire us for their marketing team?

carleast

I'm also keen to know if they will be the new Freebuds 2 Pro version because they are the ones that were announced at the same time and are the only ones that can take advantage of the Mate 20s wireless charger capability. So it would be weird if Huawei bundle the old ones.

https://www.pocket-lint.com/headphones/news/huawei/145825-huawei-freebuds-2-pro-is-an-airpods-rival-...

porcho77

I could be wrong, but assuming it's the old ones. They've got an image of the old ones on their website.

porcho77

maybe they should. I thought it was a pretty poor response from them.

Sorry, we're not giving you what Huawei promised. You're not happy? Well let me pass that info onto our marketing team.

ryballs

That really sucks if it's the old FreeBuds. As well as the wireless charger, the UK get a new Huawei Watch GT android smartwatch for the Mate 20 Pro pre-order bonus. We get a pair of superseded wireless earphones.. Yay?

[ Edited ]
porcho77

WHAT?! The UK get the watch?! Shattered. I want the watch. screw the freebuds.
Spoke to Huawei, they're getting back to me about Optus. Also they're saying, as far as theyre aware, it's the standard freebuds. Smiley Sad

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
110 Kudos
97 Kudos
76 Kudos
75 Kudos
73 Kudos