Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Huawei Mate 20 Pro

Hello Optus,

I was going to get the Huawei P20 from you guys and was suprised when you announced you were not stocking it (especially since you stocked their previous model, the P10). Does this mean you are also unlikely to be stocking their upcoming flagship, the Mate 20 Pro? I ask as I am currently looking to update my phone with you guys and am interested in that model.

The Mate 20 Pro has been reported to be a 6.9" phablet with a next-gen 7nm processor, in-screen fingerprint reader, 3 rear cameras and 5000mAh battery. Huawei have stated it will be released in October (https://www.androidauthority.com/kirin-980-7nm-mate-20-release-895515/).

If this new Huawei flagship also won't be available on Optus plans, would I be correct to assume that once you are sold out of your current old Huawei models/stock, you are going to stop selling Huawei phones altogether?

Ryan

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
32 Replies
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro

Hey Ryan, at this stage we can't confirm anything, sorry! 😞 

Keep an eye out though. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for your reply. Guess I'll just have to wait until release date and see if it is listed on your website. Could you please reply to this thread if you get any news about it in the meantime? 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

We've got a couple of new Huawei's on their way.

There are no plans to stop stocking Huawei Devices.

I've completed a bit of research, I can't find any other AUS carrier announcements regarding the Mate 20 Pro.

We always announce new Flag Ship devices on our blog page under Announcements.

Announcements

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for that information. Hopefully one of those new Huaweis is their flagship Mate 20 Pro.

Was really just after some reassurance you won't be dropping it like you did the Huawei P series, this way I'm not waiting another month for nothing.

I will keep an eye on your annoucements page. Cheers.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I'd hope so! Based on the trend so far, I imagine that we'll be stocking this flagship

Again, I haven’t received any comms so far, so it's purely speculation from my end. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Pony64
New Contributor

Hi Ryan, i purched a P20 Pro from JB Hifi, best decision i ever made, as all the firmware updates come direct ftom Hauwei and not through Optus, i retured my Mate 10 Pro due to firmware issues. 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Lucky you, the P20 Pro sounds a great phone. I was wondering if you happen to you have any issues with Huawei's EMUI either killing or not showing notifications for background apps (like Spotify etc)?

I have an Oppo R9S and although it's a good phone hardware-wise, the ColorOS software is way too aggressive when it comes to killing background apps. It often kills my podcast app mid-episode.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Pony64
New Contributor

Hi,

had no issues with apps at all, had two patches on Wednedsay for wifi and bluetooth, never had a patch while under the Optus badge, all uopdates come from Huawei.

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the reassurance, looks like I'll probably be getting a Mate 20 Pro then. Release date is apparently on or just after 16/10. Looks like Optus currently have a double data promo until 9/10, hopefully that's extended as I do use a fair amount of data..

0 Kudos