cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Huawei B818 settings

Upgraded from the old Huawei B525 to the new Huawei B818 500G/m plan a few month back. I am a bit frustrated about the settings to optimise/balance download and upload speed. When I select "4G no 2300 MHZ" I get acceptable upload speed of around 10 mbps but terrible download speed at around 3 mpbs. On the other hand when I select "4G 2300 MHZ only" I get average 80mbps download but a poor upload of 0.8-1.0 mbps. I am trying to configure the setting to get reasonable upload speed say 8-10 mbps by even sacrificing download speed but could not find a way.

Does anyone have the same issue? Can anyone help out?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Huawei B818 settings

@jiajiajing What happens if you just set the B818 to 4G only?

I am an Optus subscriber, just trying to help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

both download and upload became very slow.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@jiajiajing Is your modem positioned optimally for the tower.
If you are unsure of the local tower location go to rfnsa.com.au and enter your postcode.
Use the filters on the left side to search for Optus, 4G, 4G+.

Ideally if you can position the modem near a window with the front facing towards the tower.
If the local tower is 5G active but you are too far away to get 5G you can use the Optus@Home app to optimally position the modem.

Run the app on phone with the phones 4G connection and location services active, leave WiFi off and ignore the error. At the Right Hand Top of the App is a White Box with a few lines, touch that, then Optus 5G Support. Scroll through the various screens till you get to 5G Home Setup, touch Get Started, do the compass align procedure, enter your address, get the best alignment and roate the B818 to match.

If you reboot the B818 does the speed improve for a while and then drop again?  

I am an Optus subscriber, just trying to help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Check opt my post on the following thread for apps that allow you to lock in different bands for download/upload (okay to set a upload band it has to be included in the download band list).

Hopefully this is of some use.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

may i please have the link? i could not find your post, i would like to lock different band for upload and downloadtoo thanks a lot mate

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @harrischchan, have you tried checking modem settings at this link .

Please refer to our Email Help & Support page for further assistance. If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team via the messaging service to assist you further.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Top Contributors