cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
digitizernz1
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Huawei B818 - DO NOT update to latest firmware 10.0.5.2!!

Hi Dev66. Are you in direct line of sight to the tower for your 5G modem? I was considering upgrading but I read that line of site is important for good performance. I am 132m from the tower but obstructed by a building.

0 Kudos
digitizernz1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @Casey_YC . Cheeky I know, but a bit frustrating when we are trying to help each other.

0 Kudos
digitizernz1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Dev66 You may be interested in this "Archer D9 - TP-Link Wireless Dual band ADSL2 Modem Router" modem I have on Gumtree.

Ad ID is *****

I give up. No idea. This is simply a Gumtree ad number. That keeps getting starred out

0 Kudos
Dev66
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sorry, had people over today and they brought a Penfolds 389, a st Hugo's, a Moss Wood Cab Sav and a Merrill Reserve Shiraz. Obviously I didn't check back here for quite a few hours! So I've just seen the asterisked messages.

How about this. My username on whirlpool is at: https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/user/358196 if this current message stays up you could pm me there if you also have a whirlpool account. I could then coordinate the modem being passed around between us and anyone else from there and just report results back here.

My 5G works great. Download I now get somewhere between 200 and 300mbps off peak and 100mbps peak and 20 to 30mbps upload anytime. The tower is 1.9 km from my house. I can't see it, there are trees in the way as I live on acreage. There aren't any building around me, but plenty of trees. Apparently, I'm not in a 5G area as my address is too far away, but the actual house is no where near the street address and everything works great.

Best,

Dev

Dev66
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

OK, @digitizernz1 doesn't need my unit now (got to test with another unit this evening), but the offer is still there for anyone else? Just let me know.
0 Kudos
Chaps23
New Contributor
New Contributor

all the way back to 10.0.1.1 😉

-https://www.huaweiflashfiles.com/2021/03/huawei-b818-260-firmware_18.html-

0 Kudos