Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei B593 External Antenna

annet6104

Agree - good point

Lem
Spoiler
Optus tech help advised to connect my TV antenna into then out of the back of the router

Youve got to be joking right?

There are just so many things wrong with that advice I cant bring myself to start... good luck!

[ Edited ]
Lem

Well it wont really matter if you brick the B593 whilst trying to update the firmware, as its an outdated modem anyway. Ditch it and get a more capable modem not crippled by Optus' adjenda.

Not capable of 4G 700MHz. And such a problem to get working with external antennas.

The supplier of our antennas even has a note regarding this at the top of their web page for the B593:

http://onwireless.com.au

Aman_B

Hi @Lem and @Lem, I certainly won't advise to connect your TV antenna. Let us know if you need a hand with your modem? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

phlipperfish

Sometimes desperate times need desperate measures.

I did this a few years ago for a friend of mine and while it was scary to do fearing I might fritz the modem, Optus were providing no help and I needed to use an external antenna.

Happy to report it worked. But as always its at your own risk.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
162 Kudos
149 Kudos
121 Kudos
88 Kudos
85 Kudos