cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Unlock Your Prepaid Mobile Phone or Device

And yes I agree, it would be far easier to search through these threads for helpful information, if not for 'contributors' who have no actual knowledge or experience regarding the topic & clearly too much time on their hands. Take it elsewhere please ranters.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I only go through Tech support for unlocking of mobiles & I done it in November but I have relocked it because I lost a mobile & Optus will lock it so it can't be used . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

My Phone in question locked to Optus was Model ZTE  Fit Smart . Same problem for people with Oppo.

This looks like an incredible scam. I'm aware of 4G and 3G networks - Both Optus and Telstra show same bands

Optus charges $25 to unlock your phone and then just the Messaging and internet work. No phone IN or OUT.

I've seen a huge number of people complaining about this very thing as far back as 2016.

I hate being ripped off. Not only do I want my money back and I'll cancel every Optus phone and the Internet when that expires in June 2019. Optus will lose over $1,600 p.a.

I'm reporting this to the Telecomm Ombudsman and hopefully a legal firm will start a class action against optus.

Imagine 100,000 people at $25 = $2.5m ripped off

One person  who posted says spoke to ZTE direct and they said the ZTE Fit will not work on Telstra after being unlocked

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have 2 OPPO's & my F1s I unlocked for FREE through Technical Support on my Optus app coz you can't ring them anymore ( not happy about that ) . I done this in October or November 2018 . As for Telstra I asked & have only asked they want $85 to unlock their mobiles even after owning it for Six Months .  I relocked my F1s because I lost my new A73 OPPO after 2 Weeks & they couldn't have been more helpful . So I relocked my F1s to Optus & I still have my code to unlock it if I want . I unlocked a phone 11 years ago & went to Virgin & lost that phone & they could not lock it . So here I am back with Optus having call dropouts , Wi-Fi & my hot spot dropping out & telling people how to unlock their mobile for free not getting anything from Optus & will keep doing it for free & getting flack from other users . I DO NOT GET PAIED BY OPTUS IN ANYWAY 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: How to unlock Your Prepaid Mobile Phone or Device

Hi, I have an oppo phone and have gone through all the process of getting an unlock code, but now that I put my new sim card in to my device, it doesnt ask for an unlock code, and my phone continues to say it has no service.

Please help!! I need this fixed asap.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey there dela1234,

What is the model of your Oppo? You originally obtained it from Optus? Does it still work fine with your old SIM?

Who is the SIM with? Have you confirmed it's active with the carrier?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have an old ZTE Chase, I got an unlock code from Optus for $25

but it is not working, the ALDI mobile icon shows on the screen

but can’t make or receive calls.

The IMEI is 869574020007377, the unlock code is 3044003333261237.

Also when I placed the ALDI sim in there was no way to put the unlock code in,

as I said ALDI just shows up on top of the phone, please help.

regards

Barbara Burney

0 Kudos