cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Unlock Your Prepaid Mobile Phone or Device

Hi @Dutchy53, you retrieved the unlock code by following the process we outlined above?

Can I just confirm whether you've tried a couple of other troubleshooting steps?

•    Network reset
•    Soft or hard reset?

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor Dutchy53
Occasional Contributor

All fixed now, thanks.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, great. If you don't me asking, what was the issue? 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor AnnabellaW
New Contributor

Pretty easy? 

"No immediate unlock code can be found for this mobile device. An Optus representative will contact you within the next 5 business days with details on how to unlock this mobile device.

Click here to return to the beginning. "  aaaarrrgh! My phone has been ported from Optus to new provider...apparently but getting the phone unlocked is a separate and very frustrating issue. FIVE  business days Optus til I get a call? Is this a common problem for other customers? I trasnsferred my husband's phone from Telstra to a new provider & they couldn't have been more helpful, was all sorted within a couple of hours.  Whereas Optus has left me without any service for over 2 days. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Ebo415
Occasional Contributor

Who told you this rubbish . Go to Oputs chat or your My Optus app on your mobile & talk to Tech Support . If you have been with Optus for Six months its FREE & is done straight away . I don't work for Optus I have been with them Ninteen Years & its always been the same . Don't try to do it on here . 

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Unfortunately this 'rubbish' is the message on my locked Optus mobile after changing provider. It is now almost a week since I have been told a support person will be in touch to give me the unlock code. And yes I  too enjoyed good customer service from Optus for years - but that does not apply if you choose to move to another (cheaper) provider. I am not trying to get it done on here - simply letting people know how Optus treats former customers. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I can only tell you what I have found . I have tried other providers but never told them . Did you go through Technical Support

0 Kudos
New Contributor Watatek
New Contributor

Wow people, after reading a few of the posts on here about unlocking phones I can't believe the number of whingers. Whether that be about the unlocking fees or just the fact the phone is locked to a network and it's a hassle to get it unlocked.  WAKE UP! Telcos provide discount phones to customers as an incentive to use their network, hence why they are locked. The Telco needs to make money somewhere and their business is about making money selling telecommunication servides NOT handsets. If you buy a handset and go straight to another network the Telco loses. They are not a charity hence they lock the phone so you have to use their network and provide them an opportunity to make the handset subsidy back. Another way is by contracts with post paid plans.

So the moral of the story: Stop looking for a free lunch and expecting other consumers to subsidise your new mobile phone handset. If you walk into an Optus (or another Telco) shop and buy a cheap (subsidised) handset be preparded to stay with the network or pay what the phone is actually worth to have it unlocked.

Rant over, thanks for reading.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Seems to me that your the whinger . I DO NOT MAKE MONEY FROM THIS MOBILE PROVIDER . I am just a customer telling other people who to get their phone for free because people are asking / telling them it cost $25 to $85 . If you own the Mobile for six months its free to unlock . Im just sick of people like You talking rubbish . I have had so much trouble with phone calls dropping out & my Wi-Fi dropping out its not funny . So stop writing checks with your mouth that your ass can't cash 

New Contributor

Yes I followed the procedure required to unlock my phone. My issue is with the time taken by support (5 business days!) to give an unlock code. I have had my mobile for years so do not have to pay a fee but would have been happy to pay - simply to get my phone back in operation a little sooner than 5 business days. Instead I ended up buying an unlocked handset. My point was that I transferred my husband's phone to a new network at the same time, from Telstra, who called the same day they received the request and unlocked his phone immediately. Huge different in customer service

0 Kudos