cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Moderator Marie

Re: Unlock Your Prepaid Mobile Phone or Device

You're most welcome Nokia_e63 Smiley Happy 

Shout out if we can give you a hand with anything else.

Cheers.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor rohi
New Contributor

Doesn't work for my alcatel prepaid phone. The unlock link gives me a code which phone won't accept. never asked me to pay or enter credit card details. Giving up hope.

RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Sorry for the issues @rohi. We can escalate it from our end. Send me a private message with the below information.

Full Name:
Phone number used with IMEI:
IMEI:
Handset Make:
Handset Model:
Network Unlock Code that is not working:
Online Request Date: if applicable
Send Network Unlock Code via SMS or Email to:

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor amazon196969
New Contributor

My son also has alcatel phone...pop4 IMEI 357369072309089...put in unlocking code supplied by optus...can make and receive SMS and use data but can't make or receive calls with telstra type sim...

I also have a locked optus X smart 5056l with no unlocking code...I have the same functions as my sons phone mentioned above with telstra type sim.

another son has an identical phone to my X smart...he is using his with optus sim with full function as expected...

I have made contact with both telstra and optus to see if there is a further process to make calls possible for my sons (supposed unlocked device), but advised by optus to call telstra again...I didn't see the point in re-contacting telstra as it seems obvious it's not an issue of theirs!!! 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmm, had you recently transferred the number from Optus to Telstra? It sounds like a network/service configuration issue rather than a handset unlocking issue. You're advising that you also have a locked Optus handset in which you have full functionality of with a Telstra SIM card? What sort of automatic play back message do you receive when attempting to call out from your sons handset? 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor amazon196969
New Contributor

Thanks Dan...no numbers not transferred...no dial tone when calling...suggests it's calling and then call just cuts out so no message...Full functionality except calls...Telstra went the extra mile to attempt to call his number but they failed to make contact also. Optus simply requested I call telstra again.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@amazon196969, have you tried a full factory reset of the device? Obviously you'd need to ensure that any data stored on the phone is backed up but I’d say it's something that's worth trying. I've just never heard of an unlocked handset being stuck in almost a locked handset limbo between us and another provider. It can happen if a number hasn't been ported correctly but never because of a network locked handset, I guessed there's a first for everything. The only advice we could offer was to take the issue up with Telstra? I'm happy to seek out some advice from someone in the office but I'm not really sure what's causing the issue.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Ben11
New Contributor

Google unlock phone there is one that works you get a code which put sim 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Fedup2thegills
New Contributor

I am sick of Optus!

A simple request to unlock my mobile (which I have owned for more than 2 years and purchased from Officeworks on a pre-paid plan) has now taken 5 days - without response/resolution.

This is despite 2 visits to an Optus store and 2 semi-intelligable conversations with overseas "help" desk staff.

As I will be travelling soon, I paid $25 to unlock my phone - again to no avail, despite Optus documentation stating that I did not have to pay an unlock fee.

I have now been forced to purchase a new unlocked mobile and will be leaving Optus as soon as I return home.

It's just too hard!

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Fedup2thegills, I've sent you a private message. You're welcome to chat with us there. 

0 Kudos