cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Contributor Kenny42
Contributor

Re: Unlock Your Prepaid Mobile Phone or Device

So staff here don't have to follow T and C?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Serena
RetiredModerator

If you click on the word "here" on the above comment, it's hyper-linked to another page that shows you our T&C's. 

Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution!

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Contributor Kenny42
Contributor

Ok I well assume you are talking about online.

After putting in details such as IMEI number the online unlocking form my mobile is not a Optus mobile.

Which is strange considering it came in a Optus box, had a Optus sim, had a Optus welcome and See Ya screen and said perso lock when I put in a Boost sim.

Also please note as shown in the forums others are having trouble especially getting the issue fixed with like me no success.

0 Kudos
Contributor Kenny42
Contributor

So staff here in these forums not at the link "here" don't have to follow T and C?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Hey Kenny - our guidelines are in place to ensure everyone is able to get the help they need within the community and so it is a safe and family friendly environment. By posting the same question multiple times in different threads it takes longer for us to filter through and respond to you as well as other community users. 

In regards to the IMEI unblocking problems, if you can PM me your full name, DOB, mobile number and IMEI number I'd be more than happy to help.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Contributor Kenny42
Contributor

So OK does staff here in these forums not at the here link, have to follow the same guide lines as customers?

And even those I gave the same information to Livechat 3 times and still got no where.

What guarantee would you give me that with me giving you the information the unlocking well work this time?

Even having a Optus locked mobile like other's are still being told they don't a Optus mobile

Please note Lora M from Live chat claimed I have to go to Target to get a unlocking code.

But you say you can help me here?

So I don't have to go to Target as Lora M claims?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

As a moderator we obviously need to reply on multiple threads to be able to assist customers Kenny. The guidelines are pretty self explanatory and are to be adhered to by all users and failure to do so may result in being unable to post within the community in the future. 

If your Mobile is an Optus branded mobile phone you don't need to go into Target to get the unlock code - that is correct. Once I have your info I can also pass that feedback onto Laura and her manager so she is aware of the process in the future.

I'll be able to confirm what we need to do to get the phone unlocked once you send your info through to me.

0 Kudos
Contributor Kenny42
Contributor

l have read the forums and there are customers who don't I repeat don't get the help they needed.

0 Kudos
Contributor Kenny42
Contributor

You can't give feedback back to Laura as it wasn't Laura it was Lora M.

And as proven giving feedback to staff doesn't help, when the same issue has been happening for years.

0 Kudos
Contributor Kenny42
Contributor

You can claim you can unlock the phone when Livechat couldn't especially claiming the Optus mobile is not a Optus mobile.

And please note Lora M claimed she never give out wrong information.

Well look at what happened

PS I rather get 100% correct answer then a rank.

0 Kudos