cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Re: Unlock Your Prepaid Mobile Phone or Device

Hey @Rock1 - we're going to have to request it from the manufacturer. Can you please PM me the IMEI, your mobile number, full name and DOB? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor fahmida
New Contributor

Hi, I am using optus $ 60 sim only prepaid last eight months. Few days before I bought OPPO F1 through optus. But when I am using any other operator sim it says network lock. I want to unlock my phone. Please help me.

0 Kudos
JustinB
Blog Author

Hi fahmida,

To unlock your phone, please visit www.optus.com.au/unlock and complete the steps.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Contributor Kenny42
Contributor

Is Lora M from Livechat correct.

I have go back to the store where I bought my mobile from to get unlocking code?

As I bought my mobile from Target and I know they are not a mobile phone provider.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Contributor Kenny42
Contributor

In dealing with Optus Livechat unlocking my Prepaid Mobile is not easy, especially as after a hour and two Livechat Lora M and Pat I still got no where.

1) Lora M claim I have to go to Target to get unlocked code.

2) After a while Pat gave me a link to make a complaint, but the link said I can do a Livechat to make a complaint but Pat wouldn't accept my complaint.

YES Optus to putting your customers offside with very poor customer service from Livechat who gives out false information and claim it is not false, staff who don't want to take complaints etc

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Serena
RetiredModerator

Hi @Kenny42,

Sad to hear about your experience with Webchat. 

If you jump on the link provided by Justin above, it will show the steps on how to unlock the phone.

There can be times where we might need to get the Manufacturer to send us a code which can take a couple of business days.

Please also be mindful of doing multiple posts about the same thing can be considered spam and affect your posting ability.

Further details are found here​​​​​​​

Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution!

0 Kudos
Contributor Kenny42
Contributor

I have try the link and even those the mobile came in a sealed Optus box, has a Optus sim and has a Optus welcome and see ya splash screens.

The link and Live chat staff claim it is not a Optus mobile.

Which has happened to many customers.

And trying and I do mean trying to get help through different forums is spam?

0 Kudos
Contributor Kenny42
Contributor

So I guess if you bought a Optus locked mobile from say Target, you can't unlock it?

OK rubbish bin for the mobile.

PS Staff especially Livechat giving different information for the same issue is allowed and OK?

RetiredModerator Serena
RetiredModerator

Yes, yes it is. Please read the T&C's here.

Can you give us more info on what happens when you follow the steps on unlocking the phone?

Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution!

0 Kudos
Contributor Kenny42
Contributor

And can you give me more information on where do you mean? Online, Livechat etc

0 Kudos