Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Ascidian99
Occasional Contributor

Re: How to unlock Alcatel onetouch from network

Hi Andre,

sorry misread your message.  As it's a new problem and you've flagged it as an issue cross your fingers that a moderator picks up your query - these guys are the only ones I found who have the key to converting the IMEI code to an unlock one.

good luck

Ascidian99

0 Kudos
Moderator Vicky

@mischka - Sorry about the delay in getting back to you there. Were you still needing a hand with this? If so please chat to us here →  http://yesopt.us/livechat and we can take a look for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor mischka
New Contributor

Hi Vicki;

My wife's sister has an Alcatel Onetouch mobile that she purchased from Optus over a year ago for her elderly father [my father-in-law]. They've authorised my wife to enquire on her sister's behalf, but we're having exceptional difficulty in getting the phone unlocked to transfer the service to Aldi. Optus reckons its nothing to do with them. Aldi reckons the same. Depending on when you call theservice centre, we get given the advice to ring Alcatel to get the unlock code. Alcatel appears to be uncontactable & fails to respond. Seriously, its such dirt-cheap phone we're considering throwing it off the end of a ship & strting again from scratch 🙂 If you guys can assist I'd be very grateful. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Moderator Vicky

@mischka - Thanks for clarifying. Generally speaking, a prepaid device is unlocked from our network after it meets some criterias:

Provided that you've recharged your Prepaid service to a minimum/accumulated amount of $80.00 there is no fee, otherwise a fee of $25 will apply to unlock your handset regardless of the amount you've already recharged.

(https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/answer?id=1399&typeId=8&refId=2)

If you can send us your details via the link above we can walk you through these steps.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor mischka
New Contributor

Hi;

Thanks for the advice which I've followed & came up with the error message:

"No immediate unlock code can be found for this mobile device. An Optus representative will contact you within the next 5 business days with details on how to unlock this mobile device."

Thanks. Andrew

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Ah right! Let me know when you hear from us and how it goes. Apologies for all the dramas with this one 😞

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor greenaway
Occasional Contributor

Hi there, can i please get the same assistance that Pete provided to another user on 5th Mar 2017

""Although the phones when I bought them were not on prepaid contract they were bought economically as part of what turned out to be a shop clearance. They may well have been originally intended to be sold as part of a prepaid deal and so be locked as part of that. Kudos to Pete for following the process through to a successful conclusion!"

I have the same Alcatel One Touch. It was bought at an Optus store but not on a prepaid contract. However, the phone displays the 'Enter NP code' so it thinks it is locked. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Kishor_Sorthiya
New Contributor

Did you get your unlock code from optus?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Kishor_Sorthiya
New Contributor

I too have same problem.

I have the same Alcatel One Touch. It was bought at an Optus store but not on a prepaid contract. However, the phone displays the 'Enter NP code' 

Don't know what to do. 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Kishor_Sorthiya, I've replied back to your private message. We'll chat with you there 🙂 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors