Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Ascidian99
Occasional Contributor

How to unlock Alcatel onetouch from network

I have two Alcatel onetouch phones bought to use with existing contracts (ie not prepaid).  Trying a non-Optus SIM the phone doesn't find any network even though it's not supposed to be network locked, which an Optus shop confirmed, but couldn't explain or resolve. Any ideas how to get it unlocked before I go overseas please?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
19 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: How to unlock Alcatel onetouch from network

Sorry to hear the devices are locked @Ascidian99. Are you able to send me a PM with the full name, account number and date of birth on the account and I'll have a look into this for you on our end? 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Shae, but new to the forum so how do I send a PM?  Both this forum and the notifying email seem to be a bit open for private data?

thanks for yr help

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

This is a summary of what happened next in the PM process.

From the IMEI number Pete was able to provide an NP code for the two phones in question.

Although the phones when I bought them were not on prepaid contract they were bought economically as part of what turned out to be a shop clearance.  They may well have been originally intended to be sold as part of a prepaid deal and so be locked as part of that.

Kudos to Pete for following the process through to a successful conclusion!

New Contributor Box
New Contributor

I need help with  a NP code for my Alcatel handset too.  Can you tell me what a PM is, and how did the process happen?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Box,

a PM is a Private Message and you can send them by using 'Messages' in the drop down menu under your logon id. top right of screen.

The process seemed to be: float the question in the forum and hope for a friendly soul to reply offering to help.  In my case 'Pete' asked me for the IMEI numbers of the phone (float query in Google and look for the Optus Support site reference, or try entering *#06# on the first screen after powering up).

With the IMEI number the friendly soul who has access to an Optus system (ie. not a member of the great unwashed like me) can calculate the NP code which you can then enter when prompted.

With luck someone who can run the process will reply to your query.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Box
New Contributor

Hi Ascidian99,

Thanks for your help. I will start a new question in the forum, then and cross my fingers that someone will have mercy on me!

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Esther
RetiredModerator

Hi Box - if you still need a hand with this, please send us a private message with your full name, mobile number and DOB for ID as well as the IMEI number of the device and we can lend a hand 🙂

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor mischka
New Contributor

I've got the same issue, i.e. require the NP code to unlock Alcatel Onetouch mobile from Optus.

Unfortunately getting the run-around from Optus & Alcatel. 

Thanks.

Andre

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Andre,

did you reply to Esther's offer above?  It's what I did with a similar offer and my problem was resolved.  Definitely worth a shot.

Ascidian99

0 Kudos
Top Contributors