cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor AndrewSc
Contributor

How to turn off voice mail

My wife and her lady friends are not using voicemail. They just don't want a machine to pick up the call. This worked well when her mobile was on Vodafone. Now we moved to Optus and she would like to turn off voicemail altogether. 

Please don't ask why. Her lady friends are also irritated by the machine. It's perfectly sufficient that the mobile device shows where the call came from. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Occasional Contributor pox67
Occasional Contributor

Re: How to turn off voice mail

I hate voicemail as well, first thing I do when I change plans.

I did it through the MyAccount link on the top right of this page. From there you can go to settings and then Voicemail.

RetiredModerator Ryan
RetiredModerator

Hey AndrewSc - as pox67 has advised, this can easily be performed from the handset itself 🙂 Check out this link for some easy to follow steps.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Contributor AndrewSc
Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I waited 24 hours after changing the setting through the website. It did have some effect, in a sense that the phone now rings for much longer. But there is still a voice prompt coming up "please leave a 10 second message". Do I need to turn off the Missed Call service as well,  to make this voice prompt disappear? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Tom
RetiredModerator

That's correct, when voicemail cancelled missed call service activates, so just SMS the word OFF to 159 🙂

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

New Contributor Galpin1974
New Contributor

i hate using voicemail too
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Ryan
RetiredModerator

Feel free to disable the service too if you haven't done so already Galpin1974 🙂

0 Kudos
Contributor AndrewSc
Contributor

I ended up disabling voicemail for myself as well, not just my wife. Also disabled the missed call service.
I'm not against technology. It's just that, when I want to quickly return a call, the number is perfectly sufficient. If the other person leaves a message, I don't want to waste time to read the message, which is a lenghy process. Most messages are trivial anyway: "just ring me back".
0 Kudos
New Contributor 12skyevu
New Contributor

Hi team coul you please help me to turn off my voice message 159 as all my call have been dirvite to this message even I am right th next to the phone my not even right. I do not wish to use this service 

And when I try to righ 159 number I have been told that my voice message can not br readable  and for me to contact pouts care for assistan  please check the blew number of my mobile. 

<<removed for privacy>>

Couls you please kind enough to reply to me on my visa email as I am in the process of job hunting and I do not want to me of the operpunity , can you pleas assisting me ASAP I apieceate your urgen action  

<<removed for privacy>>

Thank you 

Regards 

Nga Vu 

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Hey Nga 🙂

Happy to give you a hand with this if you'd like to PM us through your mobile number, date of birth and full name as per the account.

I've removed your private details from this post and have PM'd you about this.

Cheers.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors