Searching...

Mobile

Re: How to opt out of having my anonymous data shared with 3rd parties

Graeme750

Hi Rose, yeah I agree whole-heartedly .

I'm not sure which links you have been clicking on so I'll tell you where it is....just in case.

Go to "My Account", click on "Profile", and then on General Marketing.

Thats where its supposed to be hidden. I've been looking at that for the past week and everytime it says there's an error at their end.

I got a message from one of their Moderators today and he said he also tried that link with the same result.

He said he's going to forward that onto their I.T Department......we'll wait and see what happens from here on in.

I'd suspect that since there's $$ to be made from Companies selling your info that they probably all do it.....just the same as they make it damn hard to actually contact anyone on their website (and on the phone) to make complaints (that includes banks). No such problems if you want to pay your bill or buy something from them....what else can you expect.

Funnily enough, if you click on the link on your profile, all other links work with the exception of General Marketing and My Subscriptions.....by chance or deliberate???

Good luck with it........

Rose12

Ha, thanks yet again, but both my husband and i have tried to find 'Marketing' under My profile and we just can't find it - not sure where that is hiding now!!

St3phiebee

After searching forever, I finally found where it was hiding:

Click on My Profile

It will show Profile, Perks & Community, Permissions, Notifications etc

Click on Notifications

Underneath there will be two options, General Notifications and Keep in Touch

Click on Keep in Touch

There will be two options General MArketing and My Subscriptions

Click on each one you want to turn off and click Save Preferences.

Goodluck! Smiley Happy

Golfer2017

I have given up in disgust over trying to stop Optus supplying private information. I also have trouble changing from paper bills to email and viewing Internet and Mobile service bills online. I feel that it is a waste of time talking on the chat line and talking to a Robot for 20 min before i finally get to talk to someone and later on finding out that nothing has been done. Does anyone know how to contact a senior Optus person so that things can be fixed.

Tano

Hey @Golfer2017. I'll do what I can to help if you send through a private message with your full name, account number and DOB.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Bertie_M

Thanks so much 

After a really frustrating hour on optus' chat service to a lady who seemed not to have a clue what I was trying to do and was no help whatsoever, your post finally solved the problem - for me at least! The key bit was having to Account>Profile>Notifications, was to click on 'KEEP IN TOUCH'. That was REALLY well hidden. ...It seems pretty obvious that Optus are trying to make opting out as obscure and difficult as possible.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
108 Kudos
103 Kudos
84 Kudos
78 Kudos
43 Kudos