Searching...

Mobile

Re: How to opt out of having my anonymous data shared with 3rd parties

rose1988

Hi

I tried this and it keeps comign up as "somthing went wrong" - they won;t let me change it!

VeryFrustrated

I am trying to opt out of having my data shared by 3rd parties too.  I don't have an optus mobile, just phone and cable internet.  I keep getting sent in circles and can never get to any of the places you mentioned in your post.  The phone is totally useless as well. 

jimbowhi

Thank you it was driving me crazy. 

And this is the the biggest lie of all time: 

You can also call us on 1300 784 937 or Chat to us.

Just try getting pasy the auto voice.

Thanks again

Fukthis

Thanks, I tried that and when I clicked General Marketing it came up with an error message saying that they'll try to fix it Smiley Sad Poor stuff

Catniss1

I'll certainly be Opting out - Opting out of Optus that is!

Time for a new service provider or the VPN everyones talking about.

Rowiti

wow!!

Deq

Completely agree with the person who wrote about the ridiculous run around one gets when trying to opt out of the new sharing of anonymous data. I will also be contacting the ombudsman. 

swetty

Hi + You Beaut. My friend Steve and I would lke to go on a double_Date with you, would You or your dateAble Friend email reply hereSmiley Happyif Pretty Please and a Strawberry on top seemed sensitively put hereSmiley Happyby our best of both inparty negotiators? Welre very lookin forward to it.

hi beatit if you wanna call me t instead of my given name of Frank

Rockets

I spent ages looking for this. You're a legend. Optus should have provided detailed instructions in the email we received saying they were going to do this. I've also spoken with other Optus customers who haven't received this notifacition at all. No company should be allowed to seel their customers data, anomised or not to another company, should be illegal. 

Graeme750

Consider yourself lucky you even got to be able have an online chat with them. I've been trying to opt out for a few days and I'm just going around in circles.

Their "chat" link just takes you to a blank screen.

Tried calling them twice on their 13 and 1300 numbers (at cost I might add) and the same thing happens, run around until it just hangs up.

The link on the webpage where you're supposed to be able to opt out says there's a problem at their end and it can't open that page.....pretty convenient wouldn't you say!

Looks like I'm going to be getting their "not wanted" marketing bs....and from the companies they decide to sell my info to.

I've been with Optus for around 15yrs now.....always thought they weren't bad....changing my mind very rapidly on that.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
81 Kudos
75 Kudos
70 Kudos
58 Kudos
44 Kudos