Searching...

Mobile

Re: How to opt out of having my anonymous data shared with 3rd parties

Rapunzel55

I have tried this and it keeps saying to me 'Something went wrong on our side please try again later' and thats all I get. So I will be back to try again. Thanks for the advice. 

Riversong

Had same problem 2 weeks ago and finally rang customer service and they did it. They obviously haven't fixed it !!!

mario07

Who do they think they are treating us like fools.

Ill be joining you.

Peekay1

I also jumped on my account so I could opt out of it. I followed the links and it was no where to be found, just took me to my account and i've searched for ages. It seems very deceitful and makes me think much much less of optus as a company. I still can't find how to opt out!

The so called Customer Service phone line is even worse - I spent 20 minutes listening to various inappropriate options and could not manage to connect to a human before hanging up!

Dave1963

Yes it is like Optus is hiding the option and handing out links that do not work,  They should ask people if they can use their data , not say go here to opt out and never get to the opt out option.  If they want to use my Data they can Pay $20 month  per mobile .

Anniewillgetyou

Thanks for that . I have not been able to gleen any appropriate answers to this.

Jade1957

I tried to follow this method and go into my account but the site keeps telling me I cannot go to my account and closes the page. This is outrageous!

Lew

Why not make it simple then instead of irritating your customer base?

fastslow

Its deceptive and misleading by assuming a level of spend authorisation that hasn't been authorised to essentially anonymous providers that Optus have allowed to charge their customers.  This actually comes under ACCC remit but they're too dog to take responsibility.

optustheworst

Thank you. That was v helpful. Optus is certainly (& quite deliberately) making it next to impossible to find how to opt out of sending our private data to third parties. This should never be an "opt out" in the first place. Completely disgraceful that they are making money from selling our data to who knows who effectively without our permission (given that they are counting on us not finding how to opt out..or overlooking their email). Unethical behaviour Optus.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
81 Kudos
75 Kudos
72 Kudos
59 Kudos
43 Kudos