cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
AaronD
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

How to contact someone with "constructive feedback" for Optus services and seek compensation?

Allow me to summarise my Optus experience so far before posting my question.

Summary:

1. Walked into store to order a new service - they were unable to help and said could not process my order!! Me to myself... Does Optus not want a new customer?

2. Ordering my service online - 30 mins.

3. Receiving my order - 3 weeks.

4. Connecting my service - 2.5 weeks. 11 customer "service" agents, 3 customer service managers/supervisors, 5 phone calls, 3 live chats. No success, I have a phone but no service. Told to wait more time...

5. Request for supervisor & manager to call me back. No response. Formal complaint made. No response.

6. Outage. 1 day.

7. Another call, service up and running about 4 customer service agents in...

8. Where I'm at today - Billing - I've just received a bill for 20x my contract amount because of an Optus screw up setting up my account in the first place.

I'm currently 3 customer service agents, 2 live chats in, now on a phone call for 1 hour and counting. Nobody knows what happened or how to fix it.

So my question is per the subject line. How does one seek compensation, and how does one provide "constructive feedback"?

More importantly, who is accountable for these appalling services?

I'll be sharing this further, with the media, and the ombudsman.

Regards,

Never ever ever ever recommending Optus to anyone.

13 Replies
AaronD
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: How to contact someone with "constructive feedback" for Optus services and seek compen

Latest update. I've been listening to hold music for another 30 mins while writing this thread. Agent left to check something with the bill (and hopefully to go resign), offered to call me back, but I've heard that one before so here I sit. I may be here for a while, send food and water.

AaronD
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: How to contact someone with "constructive feedback" for Optus services and seek compen

Operator just hung up.

AaronD
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Chat window still sitting there with the sorry to keep you waiting, I'll be right back with you automated responses.

AaronD
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Update.

Complaint just submitted to Telecommnications Industry Ombudsman. If anyone else has similar experiences I suggest you do the same. Optus support will lead you to nowhere but wasted time, frustration, and no results. Lodging a formal complaint takes 5 mins.

Telecommuncations Industry Ombudsman website

10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I've had relatively few stuff ups but the chat staff give opaque and incorrect answers.

20x is pretty impressive.

Aman_B

Re: How to contact someone with "constructive feedback" for Optus services and seek compensation?

Hi @AaronDI'm sorry to hear that this has been the experience you've had. It's certainly not what we want our customers to go through. Could you please PM me Here and I can get an update on your TIO complaint. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
AaronD
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Today's update:

Email: TIO have advised they have provided my complaint to Optus and asked them to reply to me by a date/time.

Impressed with TIO turnaround and approach.

Text: Apparantly due to Optus CRG receiving my TIO concern a case manager is going to contact me.

Wow it took us going this far to get a case manager. Nice.

Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

@AaronD,

Had the TIO advised you of an expected contact time-frame? We're given 10 working days to make direct contact with the customer. During this time-frame, a case manager will have been assigned to which you'll receive a notification (in the form of an SMS or email) with the name of your contact person.

When the agent has made direct contact (within ten working days), they'll first want to establish the resolution you're seeking.

If it's a claim for compensation, they may require that you send through additional documentation to support the claim.

They'll perform their own internal investigation and contact you with an outcome.

If at any time you need to speak with your case manager, they’ll provide you with either their contact number or email address.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
AaronD
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

February 28 if memory serves.

So my wait for a resolution to this comedy continues.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors