cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

How long does it take to receive your phone after the estimated time by Optus?

Hello,

I recontracted to a new phone and higher plan on Tuesday 1-12-15 and was told my phone should arrive on Thursday. It was handed over to Star Track on Wednesday and was driven express from Sydney to Melbourne overnight ot arrive in the early hours of Thursday morning in Melbourne.

Here's where the fun times begin.

It sat, motionless, for 28 hours until Friday at around 10:30AM where it was picked up by a driver and marked as on-board for delivery. I sat around all Friday waiting for it because it needed to be signed for, waiting, waiting, waiting, nothing.

Now I have to wait over the weekend until Monday?

Will it come on Monday? or is the driver doing a tour of Australia before dropping it off?

7 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: How long does it take to receive your phone after the estimated time by Optus?

Hey Putnum - delivery can take up to 5 business days depending on where you're located. As you've mentioned Melbourne though, if we have stock it should only be about 2. You can track your order here. You can also call our Sales Support crew on 1300 300 562 for more info on what may be causing the delay. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: How long does it take to receive your phone after the estimated time by Optus?

So this is perfectly normal and an acceptable choice for Optus to use for their delivery:

02 Dec 2015 00:00 Freight Manifest Transmitted
02 Dec 2015 15:52 Sydney DFPC Arrived at StarTrack Location for processing
03 Dec 2015 04:22 Melbourne DFPC Arrived at StarTrack Location for processing
04 Dec 2015 10:24 Melbourne Onboard with driver for delivery
07 Dec 2015 08:20 Melbourne Onboard with driver for delivery

It arrived in Melbourne >100 hours ago.  Why did they hurry it from Sydney to Melbourne overnight on Wednesday?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

I get where you're coming from, however as the delivery is now with Startrack there are sometimes factors beyond our control. Please call the number I provided above for more info. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I understand that once it's in the hands of Australia Post (they own Star Track now), the item may or may not reach its destination on time (if at all), what I'm trying to get at is the factor that Optus can choose which delivery service they use, and it looks like they chose the wrong one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at you, just providing feedback to the community and perhaps to Optus as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yeah I know this post is 2 years ago and here is the new update in 2017 and its not a good one.

Ordered a new phone on Monday, says on the Website that it will be sent to me within 2-3 days. 

Its a Friday here and I finally saw some new update on the track you order site after many time of consistant follow up and asking the same question from calling them to online chat but yet the new device is not in my hands yet after they said 2-3 days.

And yes it seems like its acceptable for them to "lie" to us and fault advertising about how amazing their service is...

Honestly I hope something like your situation won't happen to my end here. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for getting in touch with us @JIgen. It's certainly not how we want you to feel at all - I'm sorry to hear that you've had some issues with tracking your order and device. If you can send us some account information via PM including your full name, DOB, number and tracking information we can take a look and provide some further clarification for you → http://yesopt.us/pmvicky.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

i ordered on the 26/03 and its the 1/04 and i still havent even had an update on my account

0 Kudos