cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor bu
New Contributor

How do you send an email to someone at optus? Seriously how hard is it to get service

I just want to ask someone why even though my account was paid early I still received charges. THere doesnt seem to be a easy way to do this.  Signed:End of contract coming up, and not happy

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RetiredModerator Ian
RetiredModerator

Re: How do you send an email to someone at optus? Seriously how hard is it to get service

We can be reached on 133 937 directly, or you can send an email through by following the prompts on this page. There's quite a few other options also including a web chat through our homepage.

We can also assist if you need a hand, send info via this form and we'll check it out.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Marily543
New Contributor

Re: How do you send an email to someone at optus? Seriously how hard is it to get service

Yes! Seriously - why is it so hard to find where to send and email to Optus. Optus customer support and technical support drives me mad!

I have moved house recently and did call them to say this and was told that I would have to change to Telstra as they cannot supply good coverage for home phone, internet and mobile in my new area. I also went to an optus shop in Melbourne and was told the same information. Unfortunately I did not get this in writing and don't have record of the dates.

I told Optus the date I was moving out of my Melbourne house and now I have been charged for NBN usage after this date. They also tell me know that as I am on contract with them I will have to pay a penalty for changing service providers.

I am really mad!  This type of thing has happened in the past, in that different Optus staff tell you different information.

This has happened re user names, passwords, log in details etc.

Now I am resorting to this forum to try to get satisfaction.

I do not want to call or chat as have done this several times and mostly it is not satifactory. today I called and was transferred to 3 different areas and waited and waited and was driven MAD by that dreadful so called"music" that goes in a small loop over and over again. Optus PLEASE change this music and also tell customers calling that they are 10th, 8th or 20th in a queue and will have to wait x minutes approximately..... and do call back if you say you will. In the past they have not called back.

I am so put off calling Optus again!

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Marily543,

Since the Christmas/holiday period our contact centre have been experiencing a much higher than usual volume of enquiries. You can still find us on a number of other digital service channels.

We offer support over live chat, Facebook, Twitter and here on YC.

www.optus.com.au/livechat

https://www.facebook.com/optus

https://twitter.com/Optus

You're always welcome to send us a PM with your details http://yesopt.us/pmdan. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor bill1111
New Contributor

You send a complaint to TIO and then you will get a reply & always ask for your time to be re-imbursed for being wasted. I charge $250 an hour or any part there off being wasted

0 Kudos
Top Contributors