cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
RhondaP66
New Contributor
New Contributor

How do I send emails using my mobile broadband connection from Office 365?

Hi

I have an email address that is through aapt (IInet) that I need to be able to send from but I've ditched Iinet as my ISP.  They've allowed me to keep using the email address and I just have to pay a yearly charge.

I changed ISP's and it was a disaster so I've gone to Optus Mobile Broadband for all my internet now.

I am using Outlook as part of Office 365 as my email program.

I can receive emails from the aapt email address but I can't reply.

I've tried setting the outgoing mail server to mail.optusnet.com.au but when I try to save the settings, I get an error message saying that Outlook couldn't save my changes.

My incoming mail is mail.iinet.net.au

Can anybody help me fix this please?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: How do I send emails using my mobile broadband connection from Office 365?

Have you setup a pop account and is it port 25 no authentication when using Optus outgoing mail server?

Edit: I just tested this setup and it sent first time using Office 365 and Optus Mobile Broadband.

mail-setup1.jpg

mail-setup2.jpg

mail-setup3.jpg

Received: from 127.0.0.1 (EHLO mail104.syd.optusnet.com.au) (211.29.132.246)
by mta4265.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with SMTP; Mon, 29 Jul 2019 11:04:04 +0000
Received: from me (pa49-199-215-204.pa.vic.optusnet.com.au [49.199.215.204])
by mail104.syd.optusnet.com.au (Postfix) with ESMTP id A4C3643CDF2
for <yeldarb@yahoo.com>; Mon, 29 Jul 2019 21:04:02 +1000 (AEST)
To: <yeldarb@yahoo.com>
Subject: Test email
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 21:04:02 +1000

0 Kudos
MF2016
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: How do I send emails using my mobile broadband connection from Office 365?

Hi there, let me try help you. You have a couple options here. 1) If you are paying iinet for e-mail service then you need to use their mail server settings including their current username assigned to you. You would set up IMAP preferably using the iinet settings. This can be done easily in Outlook as part of O365 setting up your incoming and outgoing mail server settings.

2) You can also use your username@outlook.com as your new e-mail account going forward and actually forward all your iinet e-mail to your Outlook e-mail address. A setting in iinet webmail should be easy to set up e-mail forwarding. 3)Optus also has a webmail service when you enrolled in being their customer. Does this help?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos