Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

How do I replace my sim and activate with same number without having to go to Optus store?

TechnicaOne

I will be picking up a new replacement nano SIM after 6pm from a supermarket today, to activate a new phone. We have an existing Optus Prepaid micro SIM.

Can I activate after 6pm and keep existing prepaid plan and mobile number. 

If so how?

Re: How do I replace my sim and activate with same number without having to go to Optus store?

Mike-N

Hey @TechnicaOne. How did you go activating your replacement SIM? You can activate on our Website 24/7 here. When you choose to replace your SIM you keep your existing prepaid plan and mobile number. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: How do I replace my sim and activate with same number without having to go to Optus store?

[ Edited ]
TechnicaOne

What a mission!

Prior to arranging to activate and replace the SIM, we contacted the closest supermarket to confirm that they had a replacement nano SIM in stock because we could only do this after normal business hours.

We we arrived at that Supermarket we only found the data tablet\broad band versions in stock. Running around we eventually found the phone version but noticed that the few that they had where all opened, but we had no choice but the purchase an opened packet, we became stressed because it's impossible to speak to Optus now over the phone, previously we could call you and get the activation\transer done with absolutely no stress.

The online activation was NOT without stress, starts off great but then sent us in circles when we had to then complete via our account (which we had never used in the past)

We eventually succeeded, but do wish that Optus still had a person that we could call and activate\transfer in a single phone call, that was premium service.

Note: Tht after activation my daughter (currently travelling) (her phone number was originally activated under my account) sent me screen shots where Optus sent numerous duplicate text messages about my activation of my phone number to her phone. The messages stopped early this morning.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
108 Kudos
103 Kudos
84 Kudos
78 Kudos
43 Kudos