cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Natmar01
New Contributor

How do I find a person to speak to, who can answer a billing question?

I cancelled my account with Optus 5 months ago, due to poor mobile coverage.  They took over 3 months to send out the satchels for me to return the mobile phones covered by the plan.  During that time they invoiced me over $1200.  I refused to pay the $1200 and they finally sent the satchels and waived the $1200 plus bill.  Now they have sent me a final demand for $65.00 and I cannot find a way to speak to anyone at Optus, to find out what this $65.00 charge is for.  Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
New Contributor Becg
New Contributor

Re: How do I find a person to speak to, who can answer a billing question?

The only way I could speak to anyone was to pretend I was buying something. I was then transferred to complaints who said they would respond in 7 days but never did. I recommend you contact the telecommunications ombudsman regarding your complaint 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

New Contributor Jordi
New Contributor

I personally prefer chat as.linked by 10000000000GB above they should be available now.

Otherwise call between these hours it applies to the state you are in.

M-F 8am to 8pm

Sat 9am to 5pm (i think)

Closed Sundays and Public holidays.

Enter the mobile number that was on the account or Optus account number.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Hey @Natmar01 - Terribly sorry you've had to chase this up a few times. We can certainly find out what the $65 charge is for if you wish. Can you please PM me with your account details, full name and DOB? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors