Searching...

Mobile

Re: How do I disable the automatic 1GB $10 data add on?

PhilC

Hi @Harry123 if you'd like to PM →http://yesopt.us/pmphil the account number in question we'd be happy to provide the account balance for you. Once the services are disconnected there will be problems with you accessing your My Account.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Harry123

Thanks for your reply PhilC, I have now received a $3 final account balance and final bill so it should be sorted out.  I used to have frequent issues accesing My Account even before I had the services disconnected so no surprise there. 

Spoiler

Marie

I'm sorry to hear that @Harry123, do let us know if there is anything else we can help you out with. 

Cheers.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

cavell

Im having the same problem, just received a message saying i have used 100% my already extra data pack (that i did not want to begin with) and that it will reset tomorrow.  You all say to  check optus dashboard for current usage, so i do check my dash board online and it says ive used 2.49gb our of my 2.5gb limit. So how am i to use the dashboard to make sure that i dont go over if im already being charge when your system tells me that i have not used my limit and that i have 5.19mb remaining?

cavell

Im having the same problem, just received a message saying i have used 100% my already extra data pack (that i did not want to begin with) and that it will reset tomorrow.  You all say to  check optus dashboard for current usage, so i do check my dash board online and it says ive used 2.49gb our of my 2.5gb limit. So how am i to use the dashboard to make sure that i dont go over if im already being charge when your system tells me that i have not used my limit and that i have 5.19mb remaining?

Marie

Sorry to hear that @cavell Smiley Sad 

Depending on the service you have we do send usage alerts at 50%, 85% and 100% either by email or SMS.

We recommend using these alerts as they are sent up to 4 hours after usage occurs.

Both My Account and the My Optus App can take up to 48 hours to update with data usage.

We are currently working on a new billing system which will allow for closer to real time data usage to show.

cavell

So im ment to use the text as a reference to stop using data as im about to go over and will get charged a data pack at $10, but then you say that the text are up to 4 hours delayed? Why not make it an option for users to just have data disabled when they reach their limit. Meanwhile Optus says use our service so as not to go over the limit but its acurate so we will charge the customer any way. USELESS and will change providers as soon as im out of contract unless this is fixed.

Marie

Happy to pass your feedback on @cavell, I'm sorry this is how you feel.

As mentioned it is something we're currently working on however at this stage we don't have an ETA for when we expect to have usage in real time or close to it.

TAZ1

I agree the whole thing is very frustrating... I have my set amount of data for the month and within 6 days i went over and it charged me then i didn't use my phone but somehow automatically topped up 10 TIMES! that is $100 worth of data.. So personally i think the add on should be disabled.

TAZ1

this is terrible. It is the same as overcharging costumers i have chcked my usage it says you have 10.mb left but get charged another $10.The bill is ridiculous

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
134 Kudos
117 Kudos
81 Kudos
78 Kudos
45 Kudos