Searching...

Mobile

Re: How do I disable the automatic 1GB $10 data add on?

Pete

Hey andydelz, if you were wanting the feature for your service to restrict once you exceed your data limit, you can also opt in for a Pre Paid service. We have the pretty competitive deals → here. If you were wanting for us to find you an alternative plan that gives you more data we'll be able to help, just let us know. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Harry123

True Pete , you do have competitive deals. The problem is the lack of cutomer service and lack of hearing when it comes to customer requests. I have been asking to have my bills emailed to me so that I can pay them in time but a year later and nothing has been done about it. Just received a text from Optus to let me know my bill is overdue because you fail to automatically send the bills to me. Can't wait to move on somewhere else where they can provide the basics, like sending the bill to you in time,  even if it does mean a sligtly less competitive deal. However I doubt that I would not be able to find another telco who can provide a better service and at least an equally competitive deal. Btw, your MyAccounts login webpage is still having issues as I had to try it for 20 minutes before I could log in.

Esther

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing issues Harry123 - if you'd like us to assist you further with this to ensure we'll get it fixed up please send us a PM with the error message of your MyAccount log in and we can escalate it further if required.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Harry123

No error messages Esther, just trying to log in and waiting for up to 20 minutes while I get the logggin in message with occasional timeouts.  And is not the newtwork as there are no issues using different websites in other tabs while waiting for Optus to log me in or even other pages on Optus site. I can only put it down to Optus Myaccount page being overloaded large numbers of customers trying to log in and pay the bill at the same time, possibly caused by Optus sending out overdue notices in bulk volume ? 

What I would have liked to see is Optus emailing the bills to me when they are issued or at least an email to inform me the new bill was ready to view so I can log in and pay it before I get an overdue notice. I used to get an email like that when I was with Telstra and did believe that it was standard practice with all telcos and part of the customer service but this is obviously something that Optus is not interested in providing as I have been asking for something like that unsuccesfully over the past 10 months.

Esther

I appreciate the situation has been frustrating and we'd be more than happy to assist with this - can you PM me the username you're using for MyAccount? 

Lyonsy

Hi

Its my first month with Optus. Im on the 8gb plan also.

I was previously with Amaysim on a 7 gb plan and the most ive ever use is 8gb in a month.

My first month with Optus and ive 5 days left ive somehow racked up 11gb already. After i exceeded the 8gb about 4 days ago it has gone nuts.

There is definitely something not right here. This to me is a scam.

Highlighted

Jwac

Just got stung the same way. Extra data pack at the last minute and in no way reflected in the app. SMS messages to late.  
Though I am more annoyed I lost the unused portion of the data pack (754mb) without a chance to use it because I didnt realise I only had 1 hour before the next billing cycle. Would let it slide but the tracking tools are just broken and has happened repeated times, like they bank on it happening . 

Maybe its the sting of the phonecall with the optus rep but I dont want to support a company that works like that.

Good bye optus.

CoryC

Optus is a business first & the millions of people having to pay even just $10 extra per month by overshooting their data allowance is a huge part of the Optus business plan adding to many billions of $ each year. Helping customers reduce that profit is not in Optus's best interests & I'd be very surprised of them helping customers in this regard.

Only suggestion I have is to pay more attention to your online time putting some 24 hour breaks between use.

Harry123

Ok, it is 1 day before my billing cycle end so I tried logging into My Dashboard to see how much data I have left over. Instead of any useful information regarding my data usage I get this message:   

"We are working on it!

We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties. Please try again soon!"

Can't even say that I am surprised as it has happened every time I tried logging into My Dashboard near the end of a billing cycle FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS.  Now please tell me this is just a coincidence and not a scam to get users to go over their data allowance and allow Optus to provide "competitive" deals ?

And to save one of the mods posting  "I appreciate the situation has been frustrating and we'd be more than happy to assist with this - can you PM me the username you're using for MyAccount? "   I have already done this in a number of occasions previously and nothing was done about it so please spare me the automated response.  At this point there is nothing you can help me with and I'm just counting the days until my contract expires so I can move on to a different provider and to a monthly prepaid account where telcos can't pull the automatic data scam. Smiley Very Happy  

Harry123

Hurray !!!! Finaly ended the contract with Optus and moved to another telco provider so I'd like to thank the mods who attempted to resolve some of the issues I had over the past year.  I went to look at my dashboard to check the final usage and outstanding bill but it seems that Optus service remains consistant all the way to the end because I got, " Sorry,  The service you have selected is currently invalid and no usage is available"

The only link that works is Billing and Payments which shows a $5 credit so hopefully there is nothing outstanding after closing my account since getting bills emailed to me was one of the issues I had with Optus.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
127 Kudos
116 Kudos
92 Kudos
91 Kudos
75 Kudos