Searching...

Mobile

Re: How do I disable the automatic 1GB $10 data add on?

Aman_B

Hi @Harry123, really sorry that you're not happy with our plan and the data top ups. The top ups are basically a feature that reduces data shock and this is something that is inbuilt in the plans that can't be barred or removed. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Heathro

Moderator..... robotic responses to real people ? 

Automated? If not, may as well be. 

No more postings from me. What a joke!! 

Aman_B

Apologies again @Heathro. Happy to discuss your concerns in detail. Please PM us your enquiry and we can chat there. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Harry123

Hi Aman_B, sorry but will  have to disagree with that. The top ups may well be a feature however not to reduce data shock but to enhance Optuse bottom line. The fact that data counted could be up to 24 hrs or more behind the actual data used further suggests that this "feature" is there just to collect extra fees from users. As for your claim that they can't be barred or removed nobody was suggesting that Optuse should do that, all we ask is to be given the option to have automated or manual top ups as you do with prepaid accounts.

Anyway like Heathro said earlier there is little point in wasting time complaining about it as Optuse will not do anything about it. I have already moved the uncontracted plan to an Aldi prepaid plan (which btw I found it has better coverage in country areas) and will move the other plan to them or someone better as soon as that contract expire in May. As the meerkat would say , Simples.  

Esther

Thanks for your input Harrry123 and sorry you feel this way. Definitely not robots here and the automatic data top ups have been received well by our customers as previously excess data has been much more expensive than it is these days with the introduction of our new offers

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Harry123

Maybe no robots but surely all mods here must be following the same basic script when replying to posts and likely enforced by upper management.  Posting here brings back memories of the mid 80s chatterbot programs. Smiley Happy 

Ch81

Sorry.... but last I knew Telstra did the same too. It's disappointing. 

Everything's good, and good only gets better!!

JWarrior

This is just a blatant way for OPTUS to charge customers for a service it does not provide. I have been charged for 1GB extra a couple of hours short of the billing cycle several times, I bet I am not the only customer going through this regularly.

It is like being charged for extra luggage on a low cost airline but hey, "90% of your luggage was left at airport of origin. Better luck next trip!"

A money grabbing exercise that they will be very reluctant to change. Ah the best part of it is that with data sharing they made it even harder to control total expenditure... 

A very loyal (for now) OPTUS costumer.

Regards,

JG

Esther

Sorry you feel this way JG - the automatic data top ups were introduced based on customers feedback to avoid excess data charges that were previously as high as $0.06/MB or $63 for the GB - you must agree $10/GB is fantastic value for money.

We encourage customers to manage your service and usage by offering them a variety of tools such as the MyOptus app, My Account online as well as usage alert SMS's at 50%, 85% and 100% of included value.

I'd recommend to check your settings on your phone to ensure you've got no apps running in the background updating or push/fetching emails etc.

You're able to have a look on your MyOptus app → Data Breakdown →Insights as to what apps/sites have used your data so you can manage it better in the future! Let us know if you need a hand with anything else

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

andydelz

Ah... best.  My toddler used 5.1 extra gig from auto top up. So that's $60 extra next month. I can't tell you how freaking glad I am with this stupid unswitchoffable feature. Money grab at its best. SWEET. Your product manager must be so glad that they thought of such sweet deals for the sake of your users. Really makes no sense if you can have a Premium SMS spend control, why you can't have a data spend control.. I assume it's not regulated by law until someone makes a big deal from it?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
76 Kudos
76 Kudos
76 Kudos
73 Kudos
51 Kudos