cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
MSNM
New Contributor
New Contributor

How do I cancel my contract, due to poor customer service?

I have spoken to multiple complaints teams. I sent off my first s20 plus because the phone didn't work properly. The 3rd time I finally got told I could get a new phone but I had to go in and recontract. So I did that and gave the dodgy phone back. Then I had trouble with the cost of the hand set that was suppose to be waved. I have had optus give me someone else's details on live chat, which has made me wonder have optus ever done that with my information. They didn't give me the account details but gave me someone else's bill. Which is still a breach of privacy. I got told I would get a free month because of the stuff around with the handset fee not being waved and constant restrictions because I had a $700 bill or so in my name for some of the handset. I didn't end up getting the free month. Now I put my phone in for insurance as I cracked the screen. I called up to see where my phone was and how long until I got it back. They lost my phone, they put the wrong mobile number on my phone so they didn't send it off. Then after they say it will be sent off straight away. I call 2-3days later and they had only sent the phone to the warehouse that day. After 2 and a half weeks of waiting for my phone, it is left in my letterbox for anyone to just go in and grab. Then not bothering to really look at it, I set up the phone because I have been using a old S8 that hardly works. So I was excited to finally get my phone back. Then I realise about a hour later that the phone has a cracked Camera. I called insurance again, they said I can take it back to the store and send it off again but that means another week or so without my phone plus Christmas is coming up, so could be longer. So now I just want to cancel the contract. I don't trust optus, I don't like the customer service or the reliability. I have already closed my internet with optus because of multiple problems. Now I don't want to have anything to do with optus.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tuong_YC

Re: How do I cancel my contract, due to poor customer service?

Hey @MSNM, its not great to see that you were having these insurance issues, certainly not what we want for you. To cancel a service, you can request it via any of our Customer Support channels, however I should preface that this is not a guarantee for waived charges or release of contract. 

In saying that though, we will certainly review your request and advise in the best possible way. OUr Support channels are available over the phone at 133 937 as well as via our 24/7 Messenger through the Optus App

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

MSNM
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have already spoken to multiple different people. I have had 3 different case managers and multiple managers I have spoken too. I think I'm just going to see a ombudsman.
0 Kudos
Tina_YC

I'm sorry this experience is causing you to escalate this complaint externally. If you'd like us to follow up on your case, please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page for further assistance.

From there, we will try to assist you in the best possible way. Tina.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Top Contributors