Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Melliez
New Contributor
New Contributor

How do I cancel a Prepaid SIM?

How do I cancel a prepaid sim as I now have a plan ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Prepaid sim

You don't need to. Just put it in a drawer. I take it you didn't put the number out to the new plan? If you did the SIM is already defunct but if not you can recharge it any time over the next six months and it will renew again. After that Optus will deactivate it from there end permanently
Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey there Melliez,

If you mean you have a new number on a plan and no longer need your Prepaid number, you just need to contact Optus directly to have it cancelled.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
karishmasingh7
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

I need to cancel my pre-paid sim as i have moved out of Australia. When i open the app, it says the sim is deactivated however every month there is a debit of $40 happening from my bank account. When i contact the bank it says contact the business directly. Can you please help. My number was *****. 

0 Kudos
Casey_YC

Hi there, @karishmasingh7

Thanks for reaching out to us about your prepaid service. 

It sounds like you may be on the AutoRecharge. 

To cancel AutoRecharge online:

1. You would need to click on the cancellation link in your most recent AutoRecharge email / text
  2. Follow the prompts
  3. The cancellation will occur immediately
  4. You will then receive a confirmation email / text.

In regards to cancelling and if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos