Searching...

Mobile

How can i solve my SIM card issue?

Emilybr

On Friday 14th of September I decided to port my number from Virgin to Optus since Virgin is closing down the stores in Australia. I completed the online transaction as advised and waited for the porting to be completed.

On Thursday 20th of September, my SIM card stopped working. When contacted, Virgin told me my number has been ported to Optus, advising me to contact them directly.

I contacted Optus via online chat at the same day and they advised me to go to the store. I went to the store next day first thing in the morning and they said my problem couldn’t be solved by them since it was an online purchase. They gave me another number to call. I called this number and after almost two hours the agent told me my SIM would be active between 15 min to 4 hours.

On Friday evening, I contact them again and this time they gave me a 24 hour period. On Monday 24th, after four entire days incommunicable and 48 hours more than the timeline they gave me, I decided to contact Optus again.

The sales rep on the online chat told me that’ve been a mistake with my order and he would have to process again. This would take between 2-3 business days to deliver my SIM card.

Tomorrow, 27th of September, turns a week since my SIM card has stopped worked and all my problems with Optus (problems that I didn’t had before, even staying with Virgin for two years) started.

Optus systems are not integrated, if I make a purchase online the store is not able to solve. They want me to call and contact several different numbers when I don’t have a working line. The consultants are totally unprepared and I kept being transferred from one attendant to another. If I decide to cancel my transaction with Optus, I’ll lose my number because they don’t want to transfer me to another carrier, they prefer stay with a unsatisfied customer than solving their problems.

They keep giving me deadlines which they are uncapable of perform. In two years with Virgin, I never had any issues. In last than one week with Optus, I had so many problems which led me to recommend another carrier to my friends and make me want to avoid Optus at all ways.

I have family overseas that rely on my calls to hear from me. They’ve been trying to contact me for the past week, unsuccessful. If something happens, I won’t be able to get in touch with them due Optus neglect and lack of empathy with clients. I’m also losing clients once my mobile is my main tool of work. The ones that are caring enough to give me a feedback, been saying that they tried to contact me several times but my number is disconnected.

I can’t lose this number due my current work and this is why I’ve been trying to solve this for so long. However I’d rather to loose my number than deal with Optus again in my life. I wouldn’t recommend to my worst enemy.  

Re: How can i solve my SIM card issue?

Tano

Hey @Emilybr, far from the ideal start to your time with us and I think your line of thinking is reasonable given the runaround here. I suspect there may have been an issue with the order in some regard that's restricting the activation of the service, it would be hard to tell however without taking a closer look at the account. I can assure you the intent is not necessarily that we don't want to lose the number should you choose to cancel, it's that if there is an issue and the number is attached to the order, it would be literally impossible for you to port out while that's being processed.

If you send through a private message confirming full name, phone number, DOB, and any order numbers you have, we'll take a look and see what's happening with this one. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Emilybr

I will continue answering here instead of private because I want (more) witnesses of optus services and how they don't care about my issue. 

xxxxxxxxxx

Highlighted

Dan_C

Not a good idea @Emilybr, I’ve edited your post.

We don't your personal information to end up in the wrong hands. We just can't discuss account specific information on a public forum. 

You'll need to send us a private message. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
113 Kudos
110 Kudos
84 Kudos
81 Kudos
44 Kudos