Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
CraigA
New Contributor
New Contributor

How To Enter Unlock Code for Huawei E3372h-607 USB Modem

Hi Not sure whether anyone can help me but I've recently had problems with an Optus tower that provides me with Mobile Broadband. My work depends on an internet connection and for 2 weeks while Optus waited for a replacement part in the tower my connection was severely degraded to the point it was almost unusable. Anyway the same tower has Telstra and Vodafone equipment and they were not affected. I've been really pleased with the Mobile Broadband I've been getting from Optus up until the tower was effectively useless for two weeks and I need a backup plan for when it happens again. I have a spare Optus (Huawei) E3372h-607 USB Modem and have paid my $25 to Optus and received the 8 digit unlock code. The only problem is I have no ability to enter the code. Optus telephone support hasn't very good. I've been advised that I should insert the Telstra SIM into the modem, plug modem into computer, allow the software to install, web page pops up (192.168.8.1), select "Settings" | "Dialup" and then under that menu there should be an option to enter the 8 digit unlock code. Unfortunately there isn't an option. Has anyone ever unlocked a E3372 USB modem before and if so how did you do it? I can't believe I'm the only person that's ever asked to have this modem type unlocked. It's many years old now so I'm sure others have done it. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful. I've been trying to get telephone support to help me for some days now but they're providing me with no solution. Many thanks Craig
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Davelew
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: How To Enter Unlock Code for Huawei E3372h-607 USB Modem

Hi

I don't know whether this link will help;

https://routerunlock.com/unlock-huawei-e5573-4g-mobile-wifi-router-use-another-sim/

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
CraigA
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yeah that lot of instructions doesn't work unfortunately. Thanks for the link anyway. Anyone else ever unlocked a 3372 from the Optus network?
0 Kudos
CraigA
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hmmmm I may have come across the answer. As I was under the impression that all these USB modems are locked I was expecting that my USB modem was locked but it appears that the device is not locked (even though Optus were more than happy to take $25 off me to provide the unlock code). The one thing I didn't do was setup the Telstra APN because I was expecting an unlock code screen to appear first. Once I did that the modem started talking to Telstra network without me having to enter an unlock code. Now all I have to do is get my $25 back. Seems a bit steep to charge an unlock fee when the device is actually unlocked. Hope that helps someone else.
0 Kudos
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I tried it on the E8372 and got nowhere. If you seriously want to use the modem, then you may have to try DC unlocker, but I think that requires a router on ethernet. The ethernet has higher affinity than the USB modem gateways. You need to be on the internet when you use DC unlocker. However, the particular flavour of 3372 may not be supported by DC.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

I've done a bit of research on the topic

If your prepaid mobile broadband service has been continually active for a period of 12 months or more then there's no fee to unlock the device. You're simply required to head to our secure unlock page and fill out the required fields on the device unlock form.

https://secure-unlock.com.au/ou/launch

If the service has been active for a period of less than 12 months, you'll be unable to retrieve an unlock code unless you've accumulated a recharge value of $100.00 or more.

How'd you go about paying the $25.00 fee? You'd unlocked the device via http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer?answerId=1399&question=How%20do%20I%20unlock%20my%20devi... ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Oh, @CraigA posted that they are already unlcoked, while I was writing.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors