Searching...

Mobile

Hopelessly poor customer support

colabz

New here... don't really know where to post this.

Just in case there is a next time, but I sincerely hope there will never be another time, does anyone have any advise/tips/experience on how to deal with the OPTUS customer service (i.e via phone 133937) and avoid several transfers, and being on the phone for more than an hour and a half?

Should have learned from previous order of a new mobile - a nightmare and sent my blood pressure to new levels.

Helped my daughter order online, with a University discount promo code. Was informed (after order was done) that we can't do that and need to cancel and my daughter has to process a new order under her own new account. Turns out the promo code is 'locked' - can't use it again. Upon ringing, she was told, no problem, go ahead order, then ring back and Optus will process the promo code and discount. So she ordered then rang back... and voila.... after a 40 minute wait, the first service person said 'sorry can't do that' (apply promo code) but will transfer to someone who can.... another 30 minutes.... then next support person says 'no can do'... this goes on for another 6 transfers...    Basically Optus got my daughter to order with a promise that a discount will be applied simply by calling back with the order details. What they actually did was scam her by taking her order at full price (i.e. taking her money) then saying 'sorry, can't give you discount - after the order is placed.  Lucky I could hear all this and intervened and basically screamed my ass off and demanded to speak to the one person who can fix this.... so another transfer.... 

Anyway emough of my rant. Am sure I'm not the only one. Just had to get it off my chest.... Optus - wake up!!!!! You're absolutely lousy and pathetic!!!! and that's a qualified statement from previous experience.  

Hopelessly poor customer support

colabz

New here... don't really know where to post this.

Just in case there is a next time, but I sincerely hope there will never be another time, does anyone have any advise/tips/experience on how to deal with the OPTUS customer service (i.e via phone 133937) and avoid several transfers, and being on the phone for more than an hour and a half?

Should have learned from previous order of a new mobile - a nightmare and sent my blood pressure to new levels.

Helped my daughter order online, with a University discount promo code. Was informed (after order was done) that we can't do that and need to cancel and my daughter has to process a new order under her own new account. Turns out the promo code is 'locked' - can't use it again. Upon ringing, she was told, no problem, go ahead order, then ring back and Optus will process the promo code and discount. So she ordered then rang back... and voila.... after a 40 minute wait, the first service person said 'sorry can't do that' (apply promo code) but will transfer to someone who can.... another 30 minutes.... then next support person says 'no can do'... this goes on for another 6 transfers...    Basically Optus got my daughter to order with a promise that a discount will be applied simply by calling back with the order details. What they actually did was scam her by taking her order at full price (i.e. taking her money) then saying 'sorry, can't give you discount - after the order is placed.  Lucky I could hear all this and intervened and basically screamed my ass off and demanded to speak to the one person who can fix this.... so another transfer.... 

Anyway emough of my rant. Am sure I'm not the only one. Just had to get it off my chest.... Optus - wake up!!!!! You're absolutely lousy!!!! and that's a qualified statement from previous experience.  

Re: Hopelessly poor customer support

Yeldarb

Yep and that's how it works with Optus phone support. Occasionally you get a gem but more often than not it's a frustrating experience on just about every level. There are no secret tips when dealing with them other than persistence, a good bottle of scotch and the TIO on speed dial. The live chat on the link below or the chat feature in the Optus mobile app does have some advantages over telephone support.

I do see one particular staff member on this forum applying the student discount for many people so if you haven't sorted it out you just have to ask.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

GuyCS

Hey @colabz - not great to hear you've had difficulty getting assistance over the phone for this one. Apologies for the runaround you've had so far, we'll ensure feedback is passed on to the Voice Support team. 

We may be able to help with the student discount via this channel though. If not, we'll at least be able to point you in the right direction.

Can you please send me a private message with the following info so that we can check it out on our end:

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N
Full name: 
Date of birth: 
Account/Service/Order number:

If you're not the account holder, however, (i.e. your daughter is) we'll need you to verify a PIN number as well. Alternatively, your daughter can also reach out to us on Yes Crowd or on Facebook/Twitter via her own social profile and we'll be able to continue with her there.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

GuyCS

Hey @colabz - I've responded to your other post here.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

colabz

Thanks but for now we finally got a hold of someone who is tracking it (albeit late in the process). If I were to get my daughter to send details to you to follow up in parallel to what Optus has now committed to do to fix this, I can't begin to imagine the cyclic mess and nightmare we can find ourselves in. 

GuyCS

Thanks for letting us know @colabz

Please don't hesitate to give us a shout if you need any further assistance. 

Highlighted

Dh75

Customer support???? Do you mean to say that someone has received customer support from Optus, not just complete arrogance and silence. I knew we had to be giving Optus money for a reason.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
106 Kudos
85 Kudos
76 Kudos
74 Kudos
71 Kudos