Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Greg86
Occasional Contributor

Hipfun subscription - SCAM?!

Hi all,

Just noticed ive been charged $6.36 weekly, dating back 18th May from "hip fun". I received an sms a while ago saying i had subscribed however didnt taken much since I never agreed to anything, obviously thinking it was a scam.  Now ive just gone through my last two bills and BAM! 

Any help would be appreciated as ive tried to call optus twice now but both times I got sick of waiting/had to go.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Hipfun subscription - SCAM?!

Optus sends your phone number to shonky affiliates.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2418905

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Andym72
Occasional Contributor

Similar thing append to me. It a widespread abuse of customers. He need to ring Optus and have premium SMS barred asap. Ask the to contest / reverse the charges. Get a complaint number.

If you are unhappy the the response contact the TIO, easy and takes about 2 minutes.

http://m.tio.com.au/making-a-complaint

Can you please raise raise the issue ACCC as if enough consumers raise it they may look into it. (It takes about 3 min online)

https://www.accc.gov.au/contact-us/contact-the-accc/report-a-consumer-issue

Moderator Vicky

Hi @Greg86 - apologies about the late reply there. sorry about the late reply there. Can appreciate that you are frustrated in this regards but we're definitely here to assist in whatever way we can - please refrain from using abusive language in your posts to us as this may be filtered by our system. Further breaches of our T&C's may prevent you from posting to us (http://yesopt.us/terms). The payment extension and unplanned works in your area are two separate issues. When a fault occurs in an area, it is not always within our control and we generally recommend customers getting in contact with us after the issue has been resolved if they were unable to use their service. As for the Promise to Pay, we offer this extension so you can avoid having your services become restricted due to any outstanding balances. However, you are still liable for any late payment fees. This is outlined on our website here ? http://www.optus.com.au/business/support/answer/late-payment-other-billing-fees?requestType=NormalRe.... On this occasion I'm happy to waver this for you as it might not be something you were aware of - please check your My Optus app in 24hrs time for the new balance. Let me know if you have any questions. Vicky

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Im sorry Vicky but what are you talking about? I didnt use any offensive language and didnt mention anything about a payment extension or outage??

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Just got off chat, person I was speaking to says they blocked future charges and put through a dispute with Hipfun. I tried to call them but i get disconnnected!!

This is extremely frustrating, Im not paying my bill until my charges are looked into or disputed correctly. I fail to see how I can be liable for something I have never agreed to, used, or received anything for.

If i dont hear from Hipfun in 2 business days Ill be going straight to the ombudsman - and in waiting for a response  (and getting a nonsense one from Vicky- THANKS) ill probably get a late payment fee on my account too 🙄

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Vicky was probably answering someone in another thread, but the forum logged her out, and she ended up finding the wrong thread.

Go to the TIO, now. Optus and Telstra pass your phone number to affiliate villains, and you get subscribed if you accidentally press on an advert. Really this has to be dealt with at a political level, but few people can be bothered emailing their MP.

0 Kudos
Moderator Casey_

Hey @Greg86, so sorry about the previous response. Happy to look into this for you if you can please send us a PM here. Please be sure to include your mobile number, full name and DOB. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Casey, sent.

0 Kudos
Moderator Vicky

Hi @Greg86 - I've responded to your PM.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors