Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hip fun scam

Dan_C,

Thanks for that. If you read the Telstra forum, this forum and Whirlpool you will find the following occurs:

1. Telco advises customer to ring scammer on their number, never gets money back. I had legal threats doing it.

2. This forum tells me "Live Chat" may not even work.

3. Clients spend hours on the telephone without solution.

4. Courtesy and speed only returns once the Ombudsman is mentioned.

I hope that, as promised, Optus stops this nuisance this month as stated to journalists and the web.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

To be fair, the volume of customers that come through YC make up such a small percentage of our customer base.

There were a few of issues with live chat over the holiday period. The issues mostly stemmed from the sheer volume of customers that we had trying to get through. We'd released a couple of promo offers at the time that'd attracted an enormous amount of interest.

In all cases that I've dealt with, I've never once asked the customer to contact the premium service provider; we'll always action the request on your behalf.

When we submit a dispute, we're asked if the customer would prefer to be contacted directly or the consultant that had submitted the request.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi Dan_C,

Just enter "Scam" or "SMS scam" or similar into this search facility of YC and read all the complaints of your clients. Being told first up to set the spend limit to zero, to contact the scammer, telling the client the money will be refunded (not done), etc., nothing to actually get the funds back. Perhaps the operatoirs need to be trained better.

But if Optus is correct, then this scaming will now finally stop in January after ten years of scams.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors