cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Charlesss
New Contributor

Re: Hip fun scam

Hi, I've been scammed by Hip Fun. I have replied STOP several times than I received message from Hip Tap saying I have spent $30 and would I get reimbursed for lost funds. OPTUS PLZ FIX

0 Kudos
New Contributor Corinna_
New Contributor

Hi Scott,

Even after unsubscribing minutes after I was signed up without my consent, I have been charged in my most recent bill.

I find it outrageous that by clicking on a simple link without T+Cs attached that I could automatically be signed up to something I didn't want. How do they even know what my phone number was just by accidentally clicking on an article through Facebook...?? Surely this is against some sort of privacy act.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Okay - We can remove this from our end if you like, would you be able to send through your account details, full name and DOB via private message? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Ridgey
Occasional Contributor

I requested charges for April to be removed which were 4 x $6.99. I understood this was agreed & credits would be assigned. Now I see in the current bill, a further 2 x $6.99 for 12/5 & 19/5 after I specifically requested all content charges to be barred. What's going on ?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Hey Ridgey - are the dates from before you requested to have the charges barred? As the invoices are over a 30 day period, it's more than likely that these charges are from before you spoke with our Care team. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor sakaz
New Contributor

Hi Optus team,

having the same problem being charged 3xsubscription to Hip fun which I have no idea what it is for.

Please help.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @sakaz, please contact Customer Care on 133937 or via Live Chat via the My Optus App so they can ID you and raise a dispute with that content provider and help you set your spend limit for this type of charge to zero.

More information can be found here also → https://goo.gl/htjxFb

0 Kudos
New Contributor amg63
New Contributor

Re Hip fun. Please sort this out. We shouldn't be charged for something we didn't order or agreed to. SORT THIS OUT.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi all,

Telstra Crowdsupport tells me even if you send a "STOP" SMS to the scammer, it will only stop any further "Subscriptions to Premium Services", but will NOT stop the original scammer from charging you on a monthly basis!

Forget contacting the scammer, contact your telco for a refund, if the telco does not wish to cooperate, then mention three letters, namely TIO (Ombudsman) and that normally helps. At the moment it is perfectly legal to send SPAM SMS, clicking on it means a subscription has occurred.

Forget ACCC, ACMA, ACORN, AFP, Scamwatch, Scamnet, etc., all they do is tell you not to click, they will not prosecute the scammer. The TIO will get your money back from the telco, but will also not investigate the scammer. Contact your local federal MP to change the legislation to implement double verification via opt-in/opt-out.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

@domwild is correct, we've set up processes to handle these issues as fast as possible. Just speak with customer service to get your dispute raised and we'll make sure your money is returned. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors