Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
New Contributor Derm
New Contributor

Re: Hip fun scam

Like everyone else  i have been scammed for months. How do i get a refund and ensure no further charges occur???

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hey @Derm, sorry to hear this 😞 If you can PM me with your mobile/account number, full name and DOB - I'd be happy to take a closer look at what's going on. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Midnite
New Contributor

Hello,  I've also been scammed by Hip Fun and have charges appearing on my April account. There's no way I have subscribed to or authorized this.  Can someone please contact me so I can get future Hip Fun charges and any other premium services blocked from my account.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Really sorry to hear that Midnite 😞 

If you'd like to PM me your mobile number, full name and date of birth I can dispute these charges for you with the provider & they'll follow up with you within two business days.

If you like I can also set a $0 spend limit on your account for Premium SMS charges so you don't incur these charges in the future.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Corinna_
New Contributor

I just received a message that I subscribed after accidentally clicking on a sponsored post through Facebook. What a scam! I immediately replied "STOP" but the helpline is closed. Does anyone know how soon charges are applied? I'm not paying $6.99 for an accidental click from a sham company. This has to be against the law... 

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

You should still be able to unsubscribe to the service by replying as instructed. I'm not sure when they charge you but you can limit your spending for such Premium SMS services in My Account. There's details here which may help you out → https://goo.gl/S2CJY2;

0 Kudos
New Contributor dissym61
New Contributor

Hi,

I have also been charged for Hip Fun which I gave no authority to do or accept.  How can I get a refund, as I refuse to pay for something that I didn't subscribe to.  Your help is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Hey dissym61, we'd love to check this out for you.

We'll be able to dispute the charges with the provider on your behalf and they'll get back to you within 2 business days,

We can also set a $0 spend limit on your account so moving forward you can't be charged for these services unless you agree for them to appear on your account.

If you could please PM through your mobile number, full name and date of birth as well as the best contact number or email address for the provider to contact you on.

Cheers

0 Kudos
New Contributor KimC90
New Contributor

I have been done by Hip Fun too. Only just happened 5 mins ago.....

I didn't want to put my number in to unsubscribe as i didn't have to put it in to subscribe (which i wasn't even aware i was doing!!!).

Can someone please help me so they don't bill me $6.99 a week 😔😔😔

0 Kudos
New Contributor Chyara
New Contributor

I have had this come through on my phone too. What do I do? 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors