cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Rshaheen
New Contributor

Re: Hip fun scam

Hi, I have the issue with a charge for 4 messages on my bill (about 25 dollars). I didn't know why I was getting them so I just ignored them and only realised I was being charged when I looked at my bill. Can you please help me block them and remove the cost from my bill?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

We can definitely look into this for you @Rshaheen. Shoot me a private message with your phone number, full name and DOB.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Rshaheen
New Contributor

Hi @Toomey, any progress on this? - I haven't heard anything about the credits on my account.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hey @Rshaheen, I'm very sorry for the delay getting back to you! I've just picked up your PM and I'll chat with you there 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Ehg
New Contributor

Definitely something super dodgy going on here.  Will PM as well as We also have this issue on a mobile.

4 lines of this have turned up on the latest bill and it is definitely not something we have signed up for.  More concerning is that I had already requested premium services to be blocked on the number in question so why it has happened is very worrying.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

@Ehg - Oh dear 😞 Totally understand your concern here, I'm just replying to your PM now. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Rshaheen
New Contributor

Hi, I am still getting the hip fun messages, they have not stopped and I am sure they will appear in my next bill. Can you please resolve ASAP! Nothing has been fixed!

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Pete
RetiredModerator

Hey Rshaheen - best to keep all responses through the one thread. I can see we are chatting to your via PM, we've blocked Premium SMS's for occurring from the date you had chatted to us and this has also been escalated to the provider. They will be in touch as soon as they can further assist. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Anitale
New Contributor

Hi, i have also been receiving additional charges to my account for a service I did not agree to be subscribed to, I have called up to have this service barred but how do I get a refund on the charges already made on my account. The optus member I spoke to on the phone mentioned that they are trying to contact them, but if they can't I am still going to be charged for something I never signed up for. It seems like its mainly optus users who are being affected by this scam and optus is not doing much to get customers their refunds. Considering changing mobile service providers because of this issue. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Casey_

Hey @Anitale, can you please send through your mobile number and DOB so I can take a look and see what's been requested? We can raise a dispute with the provider to refund the charges if that hasn't been requested already. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors