Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
Highlighted
New Contributor Nikki276
New Contributor

Hip fun scam

Looks like I have also been scammed by hip fun. I'm not really understanding how I can be charged for something I have given no authority to nor accepted nor purchased, ordered or received. Optus please fix this. 

72 Replies
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Hip fun scam

Hi!

It seems that you've been subscribed to a premium contents / services. Well, you need to coordinate with Optus Care to block those charges from your account. Because everytime that you are going to recharge, they will deduct that amount (if you are with prepaid). They can also file a query log on your behalf so that the Hip fun company can call you after 2 business days to discuss where the charges originated and also if there's a possible refund. It is not Optus who charge you those amounts..

I hope this helps!

To know more about premium sms/services, click here.

-------------------
My answers are just my opinions. It doesn't represent Optus or any of it's staffs.
Click Kudos if you find it helpful, and please mark it as an anwer if your problem has been resolved! 😉

-------------------
Click Kudos if you find it helpful, and please mark it as an anwer if your problem has been resolved! 😉
New Contributor lms700114
New Contributor

Hi Optus Support,

Hip fun has charged me two weeks in a row. This is very serious since I have not authorised them and these charges appear in my last statement.  If there is any way to get a refund from this fraudulent service? 

How can I block this kind of automatic subscription?

Best regards,

Luis

RetiredModerator Miles_R
RetiredModerator

Hey @lms700114, my apologies that you've received these charges from Hip Fun. We're able to zero rate these charges from our end so that you don't get billed for them moving forward. We can also raise a dispute for this on your behalf and have the content provider contact you within two business days. Could you please send us a Private Message confirming your service number, full name and DOB so that we can look into your account?

New Contributor lms700114
New Contributor

Hi Miles,

sending the informatio via private message .

0 Kudos
New Contributor Lee12
New Contributor

Hi

i have also been charged. Can you please do the same for me

thanks

lee

0 Kudos
Moderator Alistar

Hi Lee12, please send us some info via PM. Thanks

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Efe
New Contributor

Hi support,

Can you also help me. I've also been charged. I contacted Optus Support and they stopped further charges, but am still waiting for them to call so that i can raise a dispute for the charges. If they (hip fun) don't call what can i do?

Tags (1)
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @Efe

Please contact Optus once more so that you can get the helpline number of hip fun. It seems that those third party companies are not calling customers even though there's a complaint filed against them. 

Call at 133937 for further assistance. 

-------------------
0 Kudos
Moderator Alistar

Hi Efe, sorry to hear about the experience 😞 Please PM me the info so I can look into the charges for you 🙂

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Top Contributors