Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor BootsyGirl
New Contributor

Hip Fun

Hi All

Ive just found out that I have been hit by Hip Fun, on phoning their helpline  I was told that I had subscribed through Face .

book and excepted their terms. 

I never agreed to the subscription  knowingly nor have I received a text message giving me the option to stop. The man at hip fun customer service was very unhelpful, and said it was all my doing I should have read the terms, but when |I asked where these terms were  he said it was before I click on accept. Again I know I didnt do this.

It has been now been blocked 

Does anybody know how I can get the charges back 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Hip Fun

Hmm, the amount should be dispute on the 3rd party company (HIP FUN) since they are the one who charged you those amount.

Btw, have you already contacted Optus to block 3rd party companies from charging you?

You can coordinate with them right now via chat.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

-------------------
Click Kudos if you find it helpful, and please mark it as an anwer if your problem has been resolved! 😉
0 Kudos
New Contributor

Hi 

Yes I phoned the 3rd party company about the charges, all I got was  I had clicked on to the subscription. I'm not happy with that response and reading online I'm not the only one that has been court out .

I have contacted optus to block the charges they give me the phone to speak to the 3rd party 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Have you tried requesting Optus to dispute it for you?

If Optus will be the one to escalate the concern to the 3rd party company, you can expect a response from HIPFUN within 2 business days.

-------------------
Click Kudos if you find it helpful, and please mark it as an anwer if your problem has been resolved! 😉
RetiredModerator Esther
RetiredModerator

Hey BootsyGirl - sorry to hear of your troubles there! So just to confirm the Premium content provider provided you the info on how you were subscribed? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

They informed me that it was a advert on facebook that I do not recall . They also said that before confirming  their terms it would have come up informing me of the charges. this is not true if they did inform me of these charges I would most definitly not have click on what ever I was suppose to have clicked on 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Miles_R
RetiredModerator

My apologies to hear this, @BootsyGirl. I'd be more than happy to look into these charges for you. Could you please send us a PM with your service number, full name and DOB so that I can investigate?

New Contributor CrystalChen
New Contributor

Hi there, I also got hit by Hip Fun and I just realised. Could you please cancel this subscription for me please. I do not recall authorising this subsection at all. Thank you. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @CrystalChen, we can certainly help here. Please PM us Here your full name, Optus number & date of birth so we can take a look into this. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos